Violence-related injury and the Price of Beer in England and Wales
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kent Matthews & Jonathan Shepherd & Vaseekaran Sivarajasingham, 2006. "Violence-related injury and the price of beer in England and Wales," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 661-670.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sara Markowitz, 2001.
"The Role of Alcohol and Drug Consumption in Determining Physical Fights and Weapon Carrying by Teenagers,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 27(4), pages 409-432, Fall.
- Sara Markowitz, 2000. "The Role of Alcohol and Drug Consumption in Determining Physical Fights and Weapon Carrying by Teenagers," NBER Working Papers 7500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sara Markowitz, 2000. "An Economic Analysis of Alcohol, Drugs, and Violent Crime in the National Crime Victimization Survey," NBER Working Papers 7982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Blake & Angelika Nied, 1997. "The demand for alcohol in the United Kingdom," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1655-1672.
- Sara Markowitz, 2000. "Criminal Violence and Alcohol Beverage Control: Evidence from an International Study," NBER Working Papers 7481, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Carpenter & Carlos Dobkin, 2010. "Alcohol Regulation and Crime," NBER Chapters,in: Controlling Crime: Strategies and Tradeoffs, pages 291-329 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Averett, Susan L. & Wang, Yang, 2014. "Identifying the Causal Effect of Alcohol Abuse on the Perpetration of Intimate Partner Violence by Men Using a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7996, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cook, Philip J. & Durrance, Christine Piette, 2013.
"The virtuous tax: Lifesaving and crime-prevention effects of the 1991 federal alcohol-tax increase,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 261-267.
- Philip J. Cook & Christine Piette Durrance, 2011. "The Virtuous Tax: Lifesaving and Crime-Prevention Effects of the 1991 Federal Alcohol-Tax Increase," NBER Working Papers 17709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Foreman-Peck, James & Moore, Simon C., 2010.
"Gratuitous violence and the rational offender model,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 160-172, June.
- Foreman-Peck, James & Moore, Simon, 2009. "Gratuitous Violence and the Rational Offender Model," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/12, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Sara Markowitz & Erik Nesson & Eileen Poe-Yamagata & Curtis Florence & Partha Deb & Tracy Andrews & Sarah Beth L. Barnett, 2012.
"Estimating the Relationship between Alcohol Policies and Criminal Violence and Victimization,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(4), pages 416-435, November.
- Sara Markowitz & Erik Nesson & Eileen Poe-Yamagata & Curtis Florence & Partha Deb & Tracy Andrews & Sarah Beth L. Barnett, 2012. "Estimating the Relationship between Alcohol Policies and Criminal Violence and Victimization," NBER Working Papers 17918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsViolence; Alcohol; Price of Beer;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2006-01-24 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-01-24 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdf:wpaper:2006/3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yongdeng Xu) or (Alessandro Fedele). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecscfuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.