The demand for alcohol in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pesaran, M.H. & Shin, Y., 1995. "An Autoregressive Distributed Lag Modelling Approach to Cointegration Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9514, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Johnson, Lester W, 1983.
"The Demand for Beer, Wine, and Spirits: A Systemwide Analysis,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(3), pages 273-304, July.
- K.W. Clements & L.W. Johnson, 1982. "The Demand for Beer, Wine and Spirits: A system-wide analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 82-12, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Blake, David & Boyle, Sean, 1992. "The Demand for Cider in the United Kingdom," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(1), pages 73-86, February.
- Bayoumi, Tamim, 1993. "Financial Deregulation and Household Saving," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(421), pages 1432-1443, November.
- Duffy, M, 1982. "A case study in econometric forecasting for alcoholic drinks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 597-611.
- Giancarlo Moschini & Daniele Moro & Richard D. Green, 1994.
"Maintaining and Testing Separability in Demand Systems,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(1), pages 61-73.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Moro, D. & Green, Richard D., 1994. "Maintaining and Testing Separability in Demand Systems," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11247, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ian Crawford & Tanner, Tanner, 1995. "Cross-border shopping and alcohol taxation: some theory and evidence," IFS Working Papers W95/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Systems Approach to the Demand for Alcohol and Tobacco," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 85-105, April.
- Miles, David, 1992. "Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1093-1127, June.
- Diewert, W. E. & Wales, T. J., 1995. "Flexible functional forms and tests of homogeneous separability," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 259-302, June.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Selvanathan, Antony & Selvanathan, Saroja, 1996. "Applied Demand Analysis: A Survey," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 72(216), pages 63-81, March.
- Stock, James H, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Least Squares Estimators of Cointegrating Vectors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1035-1056, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2002. "Alcohol consumption and alcohol advertising bans," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(11), pages 1325-1334.
- Ryan Donnar & Keith Jakee, 2004. "Australian beer wars and pub demand: how vertical restraints improved the drinking experience," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(14), pages 1613-1622.
- Don Freeman, 2009. "Beer in Good Times and Bad: A U.S. State-Level Analysis of Economic Conditions and Alcohol Consumption," Working Papers 0906, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J., 2000. "Estimating The Characteristics Of Homogeneous Functionsusing Flexible Functional Forms," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123713, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2006.
"Alcohol advertising and alcohol consumption by adolescents,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 617-637.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2003. "Alcohol Advertising and Alcohol Consumption by Adolescents," NBER Working Papers 9676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- West, Sara E. & Parry, Ian W.H., 2009.
"Alcohol-Leisure Complementarity: Empirical Estimates and Implications for Tax Policy,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 62(4), pages 611-633, December.
- West, Sarah E. & Parry, Ian W.H., 2009. "Alcohol/Leisure Complementarity: Empirical Estimates and Implications for Tax Policy," Discussion Papers dp-09-09, Resources For the Future.
- Toro-Gonzalez, Daniel & McCluskey, Jill J. & Mittelhammer, Ron, 2014.
"Beer Snobs Do Exist: Estimation of Beer Demand by Type,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(2), August.
- Toro-González, Daniel & McCluskey, Jill J. & Mittelhammer, Ron C., 2014. "Beer Snobs do Exist: Estimation of Beer Demand by Type," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169787, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kent Matthews & Jonathan Shepherd & Vaseekaran Sivarajasingham, 2006.
"Violence-related injury and the price of beer in England and Wales,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 661-670.
- Matthews, Kent & Shepherd, Jonathan & Sivarajasingham, Vaseekaran, 2006. "Violence-related injury and the Price of Beer in England and Wales," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/3, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Bettington, Nicholas, 2001. "Demand for Wine in Australia: Systems Versus Single Equation Approach," Working Papers 12923, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Chang, Hui-Shung & Griffith, Garry & Bettington, Nicholas, 2002. "The Demand for Wine in Australia Using a Systems Approach: Industry Implications," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 10.
- Hella, Heikki & Mankinen, Reijo, 1999. "Alcoholic Beverage Taxation: Alternatives and Impacts," Discussion Papers 696, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Angulo, Ana Maria & Gil, Jose Maria & Gracia, Azucena, 2001. "The demand for alcoholic beverages in Spain," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 71-83, October.
- Eric Giraud-Héraud & Yves Surry, 2001. "Les réponses de la recherche aux nouveaux enjeux de l’économie viti-vinicole," Post-Print hal-01200932, HAL.
- Giraud-Héraud, Eric & Surry, Yves, 2001. "Les réponses de la recherche aux nouveaux enjeux de l’économie viti-vinicole," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 60.
- John Eakins & Liam Gallagher, 2003. "Dynamic almost ideal demand systems: an empirical analysis of alcohol expenditure in Ireland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 1025-1036.
- Angulo, Ana Maria & Gil, Jose Maria & Gracia, Azucena, 2001. "The demand for alcoholic beverages in Spain," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(1), October.
- Rinaldi, Gustavo, 2007. "The use of economic tools to develop a consensus on alcohol policies within and between jurisdictions," MPRA Paper 21941, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Apr 2007.
- Giraud-Héraud Eric & Yves Surry, 2001. "Les réponses de la recherche aux nouveaux enjeux de l’économie viti-vinicole," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 60, pages 5-24.
- Ana Gil & José Molina, 2009. "Alcohol demand among young people in Spain: an addictive QUAIDS," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 515-530, June.
- Nelson, Jon P., 2001. "Alcohol Advertising and Advertising Bans: A Survey of Research Methods, Results, and Policy Implications," Working Papers 7-01-2, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:29:y:1997:i:12:p:1655-1672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .