Community Matters: How the Volunteering of Others Affects One's Likelihood of Engaging in Volunteer Work
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bilodeau, Marc & Slivinski, Al, 1996.
"Toilet cleaning and department chairing: Volunteering a public service,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 299-308.
- Marc Bilodeau & Al Slivinski, "undated". "Toilet Cleaning and Department Chairing: Volunteering a Public service," Public Economics 9405001, EconWPA.
- Bilodeau, M. & Slivinsky, A., 1994. "Toilet Cleaning and Department Chairing: Volunteering a public service," Cahiers de recherche 94-01, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Jane Kolodinsky & Garret Kimberly & Jonathan Isham, 2004. "Effects of Volunteering for Nonprofit Organizations on Social Capital Formation: Evidence from a Statewide Survey," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0305r, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Patrick Francois, 2007. "Making a difference," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 714-732, September.
- KimMarie McGoldrick & Ann Battle & Suzanne Gallagher, 2000. "Service-Learning and the Economics Course: Theory and Practice," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 44(1), pages 43-52, March.
- Glazer, Amihai & Konrad, Kai A, 1996. "A Signaling Explanation for Charity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1019-1028, September.
- Chotikapanich, Duangkamon & Griffiths, William, 2001. "On Calculation of the Extended Gini Coefficient," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(4), pages 541-547, December.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Johannes Fedderke & John Luiz & Raphael Kadt, 2008.
"Using fractionalization indexes: deriving methodological principles for growth studies from time series evidence,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 257-278, January.
- Johannes Fedderke & J.M. Luiz & R.H. J. de Kadt, 2005. "Using Fractionalization Indexes: deriving methodological principles for growth studies from time series evidence," Working Papers 05, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
Keywordsvolunteer; public good; signaling; community characteristics;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2011-06-11 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2011-06-11 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cca:wpaper:209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fccaait.html .