“Honey, the Bank Might Go Bust”: The Response of Finance Professionals to a Banking System Shock
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajkamal Iyer & Thais Jensen, & Niels Johannesen & Adam Sheridan, 2016. "The Run for Safety: Financial Fragility and Deposit Insurance," EPRU Working Paper Series 1602, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio & Ross Levine, 2013.
"Bank regulation and supervision in 180 countries from 1999 to 2011,"
Journal of Financial Economic Policy,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 111-219, May.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2013. "Bank Regulation and Supervision in 180 Countries from 1999 to 2011," NBER Working Papers 18733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard, Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2013. "Bank Regulation and Supervision in 180 Countries from 1999 to 2011," Working Papers 13-04, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Rajkamal Iyer & Manju Puri, 2012. "Understanding Bank Runs: The Importance of Depositor-Bank Relationships and Networks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1414-1445, June.
- Canner, Niko & Mankiw, N Gregory & Weil, David N, 1997. "An Asset Allocation Puzzle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 181-191, March.
- Ivashina, Victoria & Scharfstein, David, 2010. "Bank lending during the financial crisis of 2008," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 319-338, September.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Boyle, Glenn & Stover, Roger & Tiwana, Amrit & Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr, 2015.
"The impact of deposit insurance on depositor behavior during a crisis: A conjoint analysis approach,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 590-601.
- Boyle, Glenn & Stover, Roger & Tiwana, Amrit & Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr, 2015. "The Impact of Deposit Insurance on Depositor Behavior During a Crisis: A Conjoint Analysis Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 38656, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Darrell Duffie, 2011. "How Big Banks Fail and What to Do about It," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9371, September.
- Eugene N. White & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2003. "The panics of 1854 and 1857 : a view from the Emigration Industrial Savings Bank," Open Access publications 10197/438, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Ã“ GrÃ¡da, Cormac & White, Eugene N., 2003. "The Panics of 1854 and 1857: A View from the Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 213-240, March.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John C. Driscoll & Ruth Judson, 2013. "Sticky deposit rates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-80, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
More about this item
Keywordsfinance professionals; banking crisis; conjoint analysis; deposit insurance;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbt:econwp:16/28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Albert Yee). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decannz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.