The Panics of 1854 and 1857: A View from the Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary B. Gorton, 2012. "Some Reflections on the Recent Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 18397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Broner, Fernando A., 2008.
"Discrete devaluations and multiple equilibria in a first generation model of currency crises,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 592-605, April.
- Fernando Broner & Fernando Guirao, "undated". "Discrete Devaluations and Multiple Equilibria in a First Generation Model of Currency Crises," Working Papers 309, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Fernando A. Broner, 2004. "Discrete Devaluations and Multiple Equilibria in a First Generation Model of Currency Crises," 2004 Meeting Papers 264, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fernando Broner, 2004. "Discrete Devaluations and Multiple Equilibria in a First Generation Model of Currency Crises," Working Papers 186, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Fernando Broner, 2003. "Discrete devaluations and multiple equilibria in a first generation model of currency crises," Economics Working Papers 839, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2007.
- Broner, Fernando A, 2006. "Discrete Devaluations and Multiple Equilibria in a First Generation Model of Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 5876, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:taf:vhimxx:v:50:y:2017:i:3:p:144-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toni Ricardo Eugenio dos Santos & Marcio Issao Nakane, 2017. "Dynamic Bank Runs: an agent-based approach," Working Papers Series 465, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 2007. "Bank Failures in Theory and History: The Great Depression and Other "Contagious" Events," NBER Working Papers 13597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2017. "Finance and Growth: Household Savings, Public Investment, and Public Health in Late Nineteenth-Century New Jersey," NBER Working Papers 23430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiss, Hubert J. & Rodriguez-Lara, Ismael & Rosa-Garcia, Alfonso, 2014.
"Do women panic more than men? An experimental study of financial decisions,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 40-51.
- Hubert J. Kiss & Ismael Rodriguez-Lara & Alfonso Rosa-Garcia, 2014. "Do Women Panic More Than Men? An Experimental Study on Financial Decision," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1406, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Kiss, Hubert Janos & Rodriguez-Lara, Ismael & Rosa-García, Alfonso, 2014. "Do Women Panic More Than Men? An Experimental Study on Financial Decision," MPRA Paper 52912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2015. "Growing Up to Stability? Financial Globalization, Financial Development and Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 21287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmidt, Lawrence & Timmermann, Allan G & Wermers, Russ, 2014. "Runs on Money Market Funds," CEPR Discussion Papers 9906, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rose, Jonathan D., 2015. "Old-Fashioned Deposit Runs," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-111, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Carlson, Mark A. & Rose, Jonathan D., 2016.
"Can a Bank Run Be Stopped? Government Guarantees and the Run on Continental Illinois,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2016-3, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Mark A Carlson & Jonathan Rose, 2016. "Can a bank run be stopped? Government guarantees and the run on Continental Illinois," BIS Working Papers 554, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mathieu Bédard, 2016. "In Which Context is the Option Clause Desirable?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(2), pages 287-297, December.
- Zhiguo He & Asaf Manela, 2016. "Information Acquisition in Rumor-Based Bank Runs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(3), pages 1113-1158, June.
- Lawrence Schmidt & Allan Timmermann & Russ Wermers, 2016. "Runs on Money Market Mutual Funds," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(9), pages 2625-2657, September.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2008. "How the poor (and not-so-poor) saved : savings banks in mid-Nineteenth Century Ireland and America," Working Papers 200822, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Gregor Matvos & Ali Hortacsu & Mark Egan, 2015. "Deposit Competition and Financial Fragility: Evidence from the US Banking Sector," 2015 Meeting Papers 1363, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Simone A. Wegge & Tyler Anbinder & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2017.
"Immigrants and savers: A rich new database on the Irish in 1850s New York,"
Historical Methods: A Journal of Quantitative and Interdisciplinary History,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 144-155, July.
- Simone Wegge & Tyler Anbinder & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2017. "Immigrants and Savers: A Rich New Database on the Irish in 1850s New York," Working Papers 201707, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Gary Gorton, 2009. "The Subprime Panic," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 10-46.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick & Lei Xie, 2014. "The Flight from Maturity," NBER Working Papers 20027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn Boyle & Roger Stover & Amrit Tiwana & Oleksandr Zhylyevskyy, 2016. "“Honey, the Bank Might Go Bust”: The Response of Finance Professionals to a Banking System Shock," Working Papers in Economics 16/28, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hubert Janos Kiss & Ismael Rodriguez-Lara & Alfonso Rosa-Garcia, 2018. "Who runs first to the bank?," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1826, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Florian Schaffner, 2015. "Predicting US bank failures with internet search volume data," ECON - Working Papers 214, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Jaremski, Matthew & Plastaras, Brady, 2015. "An In-depth Analysis of New England Mutual Savings Banks, 1870-1914," Working Papers 2015-02, Department of Economics, Colgate University, revised 12 Feb 2015.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:63:y:2003:i:01:p:213-240_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.