An Asset Allocation Puzzle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, John Y., 1987. "Stock returns and the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 373-399, June.
- Campbell, John Y. & Hentschel, Ludger, 1992.
"No news is good news *1: An asymmetric model of changing volatility in stock returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 281-318, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Ludger Hentschel, 1991. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 3742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Campbell, John, 1992. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," Scholarly Articles 3220232, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Akerlof, George A & Yellen, Janet L, 1985. "Can Small Deviations from Rationality Make Significant Differences to Economic Equilibria?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 708-720, September.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Stanley Fischer, 1983. "Investing for the Short and the Long Term," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Aspects of the United States Pension System, pages 153-176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eldar Shafir & Peter Diamond & Amos Tversky, 1997. "Money Illusion," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 341-374.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Madhusudan Karmakar, 2007. "Asymmetric Volatility and Risk-return Relationship in the Indian Stock Market," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 8(1), pages 99-116, January.
- Kamaldeen Ibraheem Nageri & Azeez Tunbosun Lawal & Falilat Ajoke Abdul, 2019. "Risk - Return Relationship: Nigerian Stock Market during Pre and Post 2007-2009 Financial Meltdown," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 5(2), pages 52-62, June.
- Jin, Xiaoye, 2017. "Time-varying return-volatility relation in international stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 157-173.
- Jennie Bai & Turan G. Bali & Quan Wen, 2019. "Is There a Risk-Return Tradeoff in the Corporate Bond Market? Time-Series and Cross-Sectional Evidence," NBER Working Papers 25995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cotter, John & Salvador, Enrique, 2022.
"The non-linear trade-off between return and risk and its determinants,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 100-132.
- John Cotter & Enrique Salvador, 2022. "The non-linear trade-off between return and risk and its determinants," Working Papers 202203, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Dahl, Christian M. & Iglesias, Emma M., 2012. "Semiparametric inference in a GARCH-in-mean model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 458-472.
- Darrat, Ali F. & Gilley, Otis W. & Li, Bin & Wu, Yanhui, 2011. "Revisiting the risk/return relations in the Asian Pacific markets: New evidence from alternative models," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 199-206, February.
- Keunbae Ahn, 2021. "Predictable Fluctuations in the Cross-Section and Time-Series of Asset Prices," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 1-2021.
- Bai, Jennie & Bali, Turan G. & Wen, Quan, 2021. "Is there a risk-return tradeoff in the corporate bond market? Time-series and cross-sectional evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(3), pages 1017-1037.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Irandoust, Manuchehr, 2011. "The dynamic interaction between volatility and returns in the US stock market using leveraged bootstrap simulations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-334, September.
- León, Angel & Nave, Juan & Rubio Irigoyen, Gonzalo, 2005. "The Relationship between Risk and Expected Return in Europe," DFAEII Working Papers 1988-088X, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Zura Kakushadze, 2014. "4-Factor Model for Overnight Returns," Papers 1410.5513, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2015.
- Turan G. Bali & Hao Zhou, 2011.
"Risk, uncertainty, and expected returns,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2011-45, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Turan G. Bali & Hao Zhou, 2013. "Risk, Uncertainty, and Expected Returns," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1306, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Linnenluecke, Martina K. & Chen, Xiaoyan & Ling, Xin & Smith, Tom & Zhu, Yushu, 2017. "Research in finance: A review of influential publications and a research agenda," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Campbell, John Y. & Giglio, Stefano & Polk, Christopher & Turley, Robert, 2018.
"An intertemporal CAPM with stochastic volatility,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 207-233.
- John Y. Campbell & Stefano Giglio & Christopher Polk & Robert Turley, 2012. "An Intertemporal CAPM with Stochastic Volatility," NBER Working Papers 18411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y. & Giglio, Stefano & Polk, Christopher & Turley, Robert, 2018. "An Intertemporal CAPM with stochastic volatility," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69634, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Campbell, John Y & Polk, Christopher & Giglio, Stefano & Turley, Robert, 2015. "An Intertemporal CAPM with Stochastic Volatility," CEPR Discussion Papers 10681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klein, Arne C., 2013. "Time-variations in herding behavior: Evidence from a Markov switching SUR model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 291-304.
- Thomas C. Chiang & Jiandong Li, 2012. "Stock Returns and Risk: Evidence from Quantile," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 5(1), pages 1-39, December.
- Guo, Hui & Savickas, Robert & Wang, Zijun & Yang, Jian, 2009.
"Is the Value Premium a Proxy for Time-Varying Investment Opportunities? Some Time-Series Evidence,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 133-154, February.
- Hui Guo & Robert Savickas & Zijun Wang & Jian Yang, 2006. "Is value premium a proxy for time-varying investment opportunities: some time series evidence," Working Papers 2005-026, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kim, Eung-Bin & Byun, Suk-Joon, 2021. "Risk, ambiguity, and equity premium: International evidence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 321-335.
- Jayawardena, Nirodha I. & Todorova, Neda & Li, Bin & Su, Jen-Je & Gau, Yin-Feng, 2022. "Risk-return trade-off in the Australian Securities Exchange: Accounting for overnight effects, realized higher moments, long-run relations, and fractional cointegration," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 384-401.
More about this item
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:87:y:1997:i:1:p:181-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.