Multinationals in their communities: A social capital approach to corporate citizenship projects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- I Jones & C.M Nyland & M.G Pollitt, 2001. "How do Multinationals Build Social Capital? Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers wp220, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- David Bek & Ian W Jones & Michael J Pollitt, 2005. "How do Multinationals Build Social Capital? Diageo's Corporate Citizenship Programme," Working Papers wp302, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002. "An Economic Approach to Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Ian W. Jones & Chris M. Nyland & Michael G. Pollitt, 2004. "Multinationals in Developing Communities: how EU Multinationals build Social Capital in Poland," Working Papers wp285, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ian Jones & Michael Pollitt & Chris Nyland, 2002. "How do multinationals build social capital? Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers wp249, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bojana Radovanovic & Filip Brkovic & Slavica Stevanovic, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility as a Tool for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth," Book Chapters, Institute of Economic Sciences.
- Ioanna Boulouta & Christos Pitelis, 2014. "Who Needs CSR? The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on National Competitiveness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(3), pages 349-364, February.
- Felix Martin, 2011. "Human Development and the Pursuit of the Common Good: Social Psychology or Aristotelian Virtue Ethics?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 89-98, March.
- Peter Heslam & Ian Jones & Michael Pollitt, 2009. "How a Social Capital Approach can help Multinationals show Ethical Leadership," Working Papers wp388, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ian W. Jones & Michael G. Pollitt, 2016. "How UK Banks are Changing Their Corporate Culture & Practice Following the Financial Crisis of 2007-08," Working Papers wp482, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Zivka Przulj & Bojana Radovanovic, 2012. "Affirmation of Principles and Improved Corporate Governance in Serbia - Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility," Book Chapters, Institute of Economic Sciences.
- Klein, Peter G. & Mahoney, Joseph T. & McGahan, Anita M. & Pitelis, Christos N., 2009. "Toward a Theory of Public Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 09-0106, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital; Corporate citizenship; Corporate Social Responsibility; Multinational companies.;
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-04-09 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-PPM-2007-04-09 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SOC-2007-04-09 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Newman and Georgie Cohen). General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .