'Capacitas': Contract Law and the Institutional Preconditions of a Market Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1193-1229.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Legal Origins," NBER Working Papers 8272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Shleifer, Andrei, 2002. "Legal Origins," Scholarly Articles 29408124, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Legal Origins," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1920, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mathias M Siems, 2006. "Legal origins: reconciling law and finance and comparative law," Working Papers wp321, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- William M. Dugger, 1996. "The Mechanisms of Governance," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 1212-1216, December.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simon DEAKIN & Priya LELE & Mathias SIEMS, 2007.
"The evolution of labour law: Calibrating and comparing regulatory regimes,"
International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 146(3-4), pages 133-162, September.
- Simon Deakin & Priya Lele & Mathias Siems, 2007. "The Evolution of Labour Law: Calibrating and Comparing Regulatory Regimes," Working Papers wp352, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Gindis, David & Hodgson, Geoffrey M. & Huang, Kainan & Pistor, Katharina, 2017. "Legal institutionalism: Capitalism and the constitutive role of lawAuthor-Name: Deakin, Simon," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 188-200.
- Simon Deakin & David Gindis & Geoffrey M. Hodgson & Kainan Huang & Katharina Pistor, 2015. "Legal Institutionalism: Capitalism & the Constitutive Role of Law," Working Papers wp468, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Magali Fia & Lorenzo Sacconi, 2019. "Justice and Corporate Governance: New Insights from Rawlsian Social Contract and Sen’s Capabilities Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 937-960, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Di Vita, Giuseppe, 2009.
"Legal families and environmental protection: Is there a causal relationship?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 694-707, September.
- Di Vita, Giuseppe, 2007. "Legal Families and Environmental Protection: Is there a Causal Relationship?," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 8219, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Giuseppe Di Vita, 2007. "Legal Families and Environmental Protection: Is there a Causal Relationship?," Working Papers 2007.78, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Vita, Giuseppe, 2008. "Differences in pollution levels among civil law countries: A possible interpretation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3774-3786, October.
- Armour, J. & Deakin, S. & Mollica, V. & Siems, M.M., 2010. "Law and Financial Development: What we are learning from time-series evidence," Working Papers wp399, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- repec:zbw:inwedp:702017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haucap, Justus, 2010. "Eingeschränkte Rationalität in der Wettbewerbsökonomie," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 08, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Martin Kniepert, 2017. "Bringing Institutions into Economics when Teaching Economics as a Minor Subject," Working Papers 702017, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development.
- Alessio Emanuele Biondo & Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2020. "Choices on museum attendance: An agent‐based approach," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(4), pages 882-897, November.
- Anna Dreber & Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson & David Rand, 2013.
"Do people care about social context? Framing effects in dictator games,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(3), pages 349-371, September.
- Dreber, Anna & Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus & Rand, David, 2011. "Do People Care about Social Context? Framing Effects in Dictator Games," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 738, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Thunström, Linda & Nordström, Jonas & Shogren, Jason F., 2015.
"Certainty and overconfidence in future preferences for food,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 101-113.
- Linda Thunström & Jonas Nordström & Jason F. Shogren, 2015. "Certainty and Overconfidence in Future Preferences for Food," IFRO Working Paper 2015/04, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Robert Kaestner, 1995. "The Effects of Cocaine and Marijuana Use on Marriage and Marital Stability," NBER Working Papers 5038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Czeglédi, Pál, 2009. "A tulajdonjogi biztonság szerepe a technológia elterjedésében [The role of property-law security in the spread of technology]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 790-813.
- Andrea Ascani & Riccardo Crescenzi & Simona Iammarino, 2015.
"Economic Institutions and the Location Strategies of European Multinationals in their Geographical Neighbourhood,"
LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
97, European Institute, LSE.
- Andrea Ascani & Riccardo Crescenzi & Simona Iammarino, 2015. "Economic Institutions and the Location Strategies of European Multinationals in their Geographical Neighbourhood," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2015-07, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Sébastien Marchand, 2012.
"Legal Origin, Colonial Origins and Deforestation,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1653-1670.
- Sébastien MARCHAND, 2011. "Legal origin, colonial origin and deforestation," Working Papers 201120, CERDI.
- Sébastien Marchand, 2012. "Legal Origin, Colonial Origins and Deforestation," Post-Print halshs-00912806, HAL.
- Sébastien Marchand, 2011. "Legal origin, colonial origin and deforestation," Working Papers halshs-00607812, HAL.
- Sébastien Marchand, 2012. "Legal Origin, Colonial Origins and Deforestation," Post-Print halshs-00912801, HAL.
- Pyle, William, 2006. "Resolutions, recoveries and relationships: The evolution of payment disputes in Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 317-337, June.
- Carl Christian von Weizsäcker, 2011. "Homo Oeconomicus Adaptivus – Die Logik des Handelns bei veränderlichen Präferenzen," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2011_10, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Wiebke Kuklys & Ingrid Robeyns, 2004. "Sens's Capability Approach to Welfare Economics," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-03, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Peter G. Klein & Michael E. Sykuta, 2010. "Editors’ Introduction," Chapters, in: Peter G. Klein & Michael E. Sykuta (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Transaction Cost Economics, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Di Giovinazzo, Viviana & Naimzada, Ahmad, 2015.
"A model of fashion: Endogenous preferences in social interaction,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 12-17.
- Viviana Di Giovinazzo & Ahmad Naimzada, 2013. "A model of fashion: endogenous preferences in social interaction," Working Papers 235, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Bruno Deffains, 2007.
"Uncertainty of Law and the Legal Process,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(4), pages 627-656, December.
- Guiseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Bruno Deffains, 2006. "Uncertainty of Law and the Legal Process," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-071/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Bruno Deffains, 2006. "Uncertainty of Law and the Legal Process," Working Papers of BETA 2006-11, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Robert Pollak, 2003.
"Gary Becker's Contributions to Family and Household Economics,"
Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 111-141, January.
- Robert A. Pollak, 2002. "Gary Becker's Contributions to Family and Household Economics," NBER Working Papers 9232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Büch, Martin-Peter & Maennig, Wolfgang & Schulke, Hans-Jürgen (ed.), 2012. "Sport und Sportgroßveranstaltungen in Europa - zwischen Zentralstaat und Regionen," Edition HWWI, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI), volume 4, number 4.
More about this item
Keywordscontract law; capacity; capability approach;
All these keywords.
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2006-09-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HPE-2006-09-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2006-09-11 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-09-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ruth Newman/William Kerslake (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.