Decision Structures and Discrete Choices: An Application to Labour Market Participation and Fertility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman & Robert J. Willis, 1976.
"Estimation of a Stochastic Model of Reproduction: An Econometric Approach,"
NBER Chapters,in: Household Production and Consumption, pages 99-146
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Robert J. Willis, 1974. "Estimation of a Stochastic Model of Reproduction: An Econometric Approach," NBER Working Papers 0034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melvyn Weeks, "undated". "Testing Binomial and Multinomial Choice Models Using Cox's Non-Nested Test," Discussion Papers 95/45, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Weeks, M. & Orne, C., 1999. "The Statistical Relationship between Bivariate and Multinomial Choice Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9912, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Regularity conditions for cox's test of non-nested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 301-318, August.
- Willis, Robert J, 1973. "A New Approach to the Economic Theory of Fertility Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 14-64, Part II, .
- Robert Moffitt, 1984. "Profiles of Fertility, Labour Supply and Wages of Married Women: A Complete Life-Cycle Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 263-278.
- Victor R. Fuchs & Alan B. Krueger & James M. Poterba, 1998. "Economists' Views about Parameters, Values, and Policies: Survey Results in Labor and Public Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1387-1425, September.
- John G. Cragg & Russell S. Uhler, 1970. "The Demand for Automobiles," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 3(3), pages 386-406, August.
- Browning, Martin, 1992. "Children and Household Economic Behavior," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1434-1475, September.
- Pesaran, B. & Pesaran, M.H., 1992. "A Non-Nested Test of Level-Differenced versus Log-Differenced Stationary Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9222, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Geoffrey Carliner & Christopher Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1980. "Female Labour Supply and Fertility in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 46-64, February.
- Di Tommaso, Maria Laura, 1999. "A Trivariate Model of Participation, Fertility and Wages: The Italian Case," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 623-640, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Bratti, 2003.
"Labour force participation and marital fertility of Italian women: The role of education,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(3), pages 525-554, August.
- Massimiliano BRATTI, 2001. "Labour Force Participation and Marital Fertility of Italian Women: The Role of Education," Working Papers 154, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bratti, Massimiliano, 2002. "Labour Force Participation and Marital Fertility of Italian Women: The Role of Education," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 34, Royal Economic Society.
- Anna Sibilla Francesca DE PAOLI, 2010.
"The effect of schooling on fertility, labor market participation and children’s outcomes, evidence from Ecuador,"
Departmental Working Papers
2010-30, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Anna de Paoli, 2011. "Education, Teenage Fertility and Labour Market Participation, Evidence from Ecuador," Development Working Papers 319, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 17 Oct 2011.
- Berg, Nathan, 2006. "Behavioral Labor Economics," MPRA Paper 26366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wuyang Hu & Wiktor L. Adamowicz & Michele M. Veeman, 2009. "Consumers' Preferences for GM Food and Voluntary Information Access: A Simultaneous Choice Analysis," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(2), pages 241-267, June.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete choice; Multinomial response; Bivariate models; Labour supply; Fertility; Nonnested tests;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2000-11-20 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .