A Brief History of International Trade Thought: From Pre-doctrinal Contributions to Contemporary Neoclassical Economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Magdalena Olczyk, 2016. "Bibliometric approach to tracking the concept of international competitiveness," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 945-959, November.
- Carmen Elena Dorobat, 2015. "A brief history of international trade thought: From pre-doctrinal contributions to the 21st century heterodox international economics," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 8(2), May.
- Magdalena Olczyk, 2016. "A systematic retrieval of international competitiveness literature: a bibliometric study," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 429-457, December.
- Esa Mangeloja, 2004. "Interrelationship of economic growth and regional religious properties," ERSA conference papers ersa04p94, European Regional Science Association.
- Fletcher, Stanley M. & Nadolnyak, Denis A., 2005. "Accommodating Imperfect Competition in A Model of World Peanut Trade," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19460, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Conrad, Klaus & Seitz, Helmut, 1997. "Infrastructure provision and international market share rivalry," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 715-734, November.
- Takatoshi Ito & Peter Isard & Steven Symansky, 1999.
"Economic Growth and Real Exchange Rate: An Overview of the Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Asia,"
NBER Chapters, in: Changes in Exchange Rates in Rapidly Developing Countries: Theory, Practice, and Policy Issues, pages 109-132,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito & Peter Isard & Steven Symansky, 1997. "Economic Growth and Real Exchange Rate: An Overview of the Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Asia," NBER Working Papers 5979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Couharde, Cécile & Delatte, Anne-Laure & Grekou, Carl & Mignon, Valérie & Morvillier, Florian, 2020.
"Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson effect: A guidance note on the RPROD database,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 237-247.
- Cécile Couharde & Anne-Laure Delatte & Carl Grekou & Valérie Mignon & Florian Morvillier, 2019. "Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson Effect: A guidance Note on the RPROD Database," Working Papers 2019-11, CEPII research center.
- Valerie Mignon & Cécile Couharde & Carl Grekou & Florian Morvillier, 2020. "Measuring the Balassa-Samuelson effect: A guidance note on the RPROD database," Post-Print hal-03101442, HAL.
- Antonia López Villavicencio & Josep Lluís Raymond Bara, 2006. "The short and long-run determinants of the real exchange rate in Mexico," Working Papers wpdea0606, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Menzie Chinn & Louis Johnston, 1996.
"Real Exchange Rate Levels, Productivity and Demand Shocks: Evidence from a Panel of 14 Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
5709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie David Chinn & Ms. Louis Dorrance Johnston, 1997. "Real Exchange Rate Levels, Productivity and Demand Shocks: Evidence from a Panel of 14 Countries," IMF Working Papers 1997/066, International Monetary Fund.
- Xenia Matschke & Anja Schöttner, 2013.
"Antidumping as Strategic Trade Policy under Asymmetric Information,"
Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 80(1), pages 81-105, July.
- Xenia Matschke & Anja Schottner, 2008. "Antidumping as Strategic Trade Policy Under Asymmetric Information," Working papers 2008-19, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2010.
- Xenia Matschke & Anja Schöttner, 2009. "Antidumping as Strategic Trade Policy Under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 2536, CESifo.
- Vlatka Bilas & Mile Bosnjak, 2015. "Revealed Comparative Advantage And Merchandise Exports: The Case Of Merchandise Trade Between Croatia And The Rest Of The European Union Member Countries," Economic Thought and Practice, Department of Economics and Business, University of Dubrovnik, vol. 24(1), pages 29-47, june.
- Philip C. Abbott & Panu K. S. Kallio, 1996.
"Implications of Game Theory for International Agricultural Trade,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 738-744.
- Abbott, Philip C. & Kallio, Panu K.S., 1996. "Implications of Game Theory for International Agricultural Trade," Research Discussion Papers 256815, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics, Trade Research Center.
- Ken Miyajima, 2013. "Foreign exchange intervention and expectation in emerging economies," BIS Working Papers 414, Bank for International Settlements.
- Balázs Égert, 2007. "Real Convergence, Price Level Convergence and Inflation in Europe," Working Papers 267, Bruegel.
- Bassanini, Anna & Pouyet, Jerome, 2005.
"Strategic choice of financing systems in regulated and interconnected industries,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 233-259, February.
- BASSANINI, Anna & POUYET, Jérôme, 2002. "Strategic choice of financing systems in regulated and interconnected industries," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2002017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bassanini, Anna & Pouyet, Jérôme, 2003. "Strategic Choice of Financing Systems in Regulated and Interconnected Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 3888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anna Bassanini & Jérôme Pouyet, 2004. "Strategic Choice of Financing Systems in Regulated and Interconnected Industries," Working Papers 2004-08, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- T.Huw Edwards, 2007. "Horizontal Regulatory Protection. Its appeal and implictions in a linear Cournot duopoly," Discussion Paper Series 2007_05, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Feb 2007.
- Susanne Droege & Birgit Soete, 2001. "Trade-Related Intellectual Property Rights, North-South Trade, and Biological Diversity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(2), pages 149-163, June.
- Britta Gehrke & Fang Yao, 2016.
"Persistence and volatility of real exchange rates: the role of supply shocks revisited,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series
DP2016/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Gehrke, Britta & Yao, Fang, 2016. "Persistence and Volatility of Real Exchange Rates: The Role of Supply Shocks Revisited," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145752, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Csordas, Stefan, 2009. "The global welfare effects of international environmental cooperation," MPRA Paper 20787, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational trade; history of economic thought;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2015-02-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2015-02-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-INT-2015-02-11 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bus:wpaper:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aseeero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Valentin Cojanu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aseeero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.