'Soft' growth and the role of monetary policy in selecting the long-run equilibrium path
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Palivos, Theodore & Yip, Chong K, 1995.
"Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1159-1178, November.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1994. "Government expenditure financing in an endogenous growth model: a comparison," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 94-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1995. "Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison," Departmental Working Papers _057, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, July.
- Soskice, David, 1990. "Wage Determination: The Changing Role of Institutions in Advanced Industrialized Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 36-61, Winter.
- Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E., 1995. "Growth and the effects of inflation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1405-1428, November.
- Brunello, Giorgio, 2001. "On the Complementarity between Education and Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 309, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J. Bradford DeLong & Lawrence H. Summers, 1992. "Equipment Investment and Economic Growth: How Strong Is the Nexus?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(2), pages 157-212.
- Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K., 1992.
"Examining the long-run effect of money on economic growth,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 359-369.
- Wang, P. & Yip, C.K., 1991. "Examining the Long-Run Effect of Money on Economic Growth," Papers 6-91-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1985.
"Dynamic behavior of capital accumulation in a cash-in-advance model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1985. "Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model," NBER Working Papers 1549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gylfason, T., 1991. "Endogenous Growth and Inflation," Papers 502, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Snower, Dennis J., 1994. "The Low-Skill, Bad-Job Trap," CEPR Discussion Papers 999, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- Chang, Wen-ya & Lai, Ching-chong, 2000. "Anticipated Inflation in a Monetary Economy with Endogenous Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(267), pages 399-417, August.
- Jha, Sailesh K. & Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K., 2002.
"Dynamics in a transactions-based monetary growth model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 611-635, April.
- Sailesh K. Jha & Ping Wang & Chong K.Yip, 2000. "Dynamics in a Transactions-Based Monetary Growth Model," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0005, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Gomme, Paul, 1993.
"Money and growth revisited : Measuring the costs of inflation in an endogenous growth model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 51-77, August.
- Paul Gomme, 1991. "Money and growth revisited," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 55, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gomme, P., 1993. "Money and Growth Revisited : Measuring the Costs of Inflation in an Endogenous Growth Model," Discussion Papers dp93-03, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 1997.
"Who gets over the training hurdle? A study of the training experiences of young men and women in Britain,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 197-217.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L, 1996. "Who Gets Over the Training Hurdle? A Study of the Training Experiences of Young Men and Women in Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 1470, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1999. "Indeterminacy and sunspots in macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 387-448 Elsevier.
- Mino, Kazuo & Shibata, Akihisa, 1995. "Monetary Policy, Overlapping Generations, and Patterns of Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 179-194, May.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick & Alogoskoufis, George S, 1994. "Money and Endogenous Growth," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 771-791, November.
- Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta & Ignazio Visco, 2000.
"Knowledge technology and economic growth: recent evidence from OECD countries,"
Working Paper Research
06, National Bank of Belgium.
- Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta & Ignazio Visco, 2000. "Knowledge, Technology and Economic Growth: Recent Evidence from OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 259, OECD Publishing.
- Frank Hahn & Robert Solow, 1997. "A Critical Essay on Modern Macroeconomic Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026258154x, July.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Martin, Christopher, 1993. "Skill Shortages, Productivity Growth and Wage Inflation in UK Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 859, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1996. "A Microfoundation for Social Increasing Returns in Human Capital Accumulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 779-804.
More about this item
KeywordsOn-the-job training; skilled labor; strategic complementarity; indeterminacy; inflation targeting;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:brg:wpaper:0306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Bergamo Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deberit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.