Interpreting TARGET2 balances
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2012.
"Target loans, current account balances and capital flows: the ECB’s rescue facility,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(4), pages 468-508, August.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershaeuser, 2011. "Target Loans, Current Account Balances and Capital Flows: The ECB's Rescue Facility," NBER Working Papers 17626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2012. "Target loans, current account balances and capital flows: The ECB’s rescue facility," Munich Reprints in Economics 19556, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2011. "Target Loans, Current Account Balances and Capital Flows: The ECB’s Rescue Facility," CESifo Working Paper Series 3500, CESifo Group Munich.
- William A. Allen & Richhild Moessner, 2013.
"The Liquidity Consequences of the Euro Area Sovereign Debt Crisis,"
World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 14(1), pages 103-126, January.
- William A Allen & Richhild Moessner, 2012. "The liquidity consequences of the euro area sovereign debt crisis," BIS Working Papers 390, Bank for International Settlements.
- Martina Cecioni & Giuseppe Ferrero, 2012. "Determinants of TARGET2 imbalances," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 136, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Raphael A. Auer, 2014.
"What drives TARGET2 balances? Evidence from a panel analysis,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 29(77), pages 139-197, January.
- Raphael Anton Auer, 2012. "What Drives Target2 Balances? Evidence From a Panel Analysis," Working Papers 2012-15, Swiss National Bank.
- Raphael A. Auer, 2013. "What Drives Target2 Balances? Evidence from a Panel Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4216, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raphael A. Auer, 2013. "What Drives Target2 Balances? Evidence From a Panel Analysis," Working Papers 13.03, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2012. "Target Losses in Case of a Euro Breakup," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(4), pages 51-58, December.
- Martin Handig & Robert Holzfeind & Clemens Jobst, 2012. "Understanding TARGET 2: The Eurosystem’s Euro Payment System from an Economic and Balance Sheet Perspective," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 81-91.
- Gros, Daniel & Mayer, Thomas, 2012. "A Sovereign Wealth Fund to Lift Germany’s Curse of Excess Savings," CEPS Papers 7229, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Bindseil, Ulrich & Winkler, Adalbert, 2012. "Dual liquidity crises under alternative monetary frameworks: a financial accounts perspective," Working Paper Series 1478, European Central Bank.
- Christian Fahrholz & Andreas Freytag, 2012. "Will TARGET2-Balances be Reduced again after an End of the Crisis?," Global Financial Markets Working Paper Series 30-2012, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Rahbari, Ebrahim, 2012. "Target2 Redux: The simple accountancy and slightly more complex economics of Bundesbank loss exposure through the Eurosystem," CEPR Discussion Papers 9211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- ECB AQR: Nervous Banks Make Banking Safer
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-05-16 00:07:35
- Update on Target2 Balances: Limited progress
by Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-06-12 17:31:17
- After Greece: Saving EMU
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2015-07-13 17:37:21
- After Greece: Saving EMU
by Stephen G. Cecchetti in Huffington Post Business on 2015-08-07 03:51:29
- The Future of the Euro
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2017-02-13 19:27:17
- Sudden Stops: A Primer on Balance-of-Payments Crises
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2018-06-25 11:59:25
- TARGET2 Balances Mask Reduced Financial Fragmentation in the Euro Area
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2018-07-09 12:49:07
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anton, Roman, 2015. "Monetary Development and Transmission in the Eurosystem," MPRA Paper 67323, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Oct 2015.
- Tomáš Klinger & Petr Teply, 2014. "Modelling Interconnections in the Global Financial System in the Light of Systemic Risk," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 64-88.
- Aitor Erce, 2014. "Cross‐Border Banking, Externalities And Sovereign Distress: Does The Euro Need A Common Banking Authority?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 188-203, July.
- Tomas Pavlicek, 2014. "The Developmnet of the Self-employed Sector in the Czech Republic in the Years 2006 - 2010," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 28-46.
- Cedric Durand & Sébastien Villemot, 2016.
"Balance sheets after the EMU : an assessment of the redenomination risk,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2016-31, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Cédric Durabd & Sébastien Villemot, 2016. "Balance sheets after the EMU : an assessment of the redenomination risk," Sciences Po publications 2016-31, Sciences Po.
- Cédric Durand & Sébastien Villemot, 2016. "Balance Sheets after the EMU: an Assessment of the Redenomination Risk," CEPN Working Papers hal-01383691, HAL.
- repec:pra:mprapa:67187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry & Mehl, Arnaud & Chitu, Livia & Richardson, Gary, 2015.
"Mutual Assistance between Federal Reserve Banks: 1913–1960 as Prolegomena to the TARGET2 Debate,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 75(03), pages 621-659, September.
- Barry Eichengreen & Arnaud J. Mehl & Livia Chițu & Gary Richardson, 2014. "Mutual Assistance between Federal Reserve Banks, 1913-1960 as Prolegomena to the TARGET2 Debate," NBER Working Papers 20267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehl, Arnaud & Eichengreen, Barry & Chiţu, Livia & Richardson, Gary, 2014. "Mutual assistance between Federal Reserve Banks, 1913-1960 as prolegomena to the TARGET2 debate," Working Paper Series 1686, European Central Bank.
- Christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2016. "A comparative analysis of developments in central bank balance sheet composition," DNB Working Papers 510, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jaroslav Vostatek, 2014. "Tax Treatment of Public and Private Pensions," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 7-27.
- Christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2013. "A descriptive analysis of the balance sheet and monetary policy of De Nederlandsche Bank: 1900-1998 and beyond," DNB Occasional Studies 1103, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- David Tison, 2014. "Impact of Non-cooperative Oligopoly of the Banking System on Its Pro-cyclicality in the Czech Republic," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 47-63.
- Carlo Panico, Francesco Purificato, Elvira Sapienza, 2015. "Benefici, problemi e prospettive dell’integrazione monetaria in Europa (Benefits, issues and future of monetary integration in Europe)," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 68(271), pages 305-339.
More about this item
Keywordspayment system; financial crisis; monetary policy; international lending;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.