Price-Level Targeting: an omelette that requires breaking some Inflation-Targeting eggs?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Julian A. Parra-Polania & Luisa F. Acuña-Roa, 2013. "Price-Level Targeting: an omelette that requires breaking some Inflation-Targeting eggs?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010984, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1999.
"Price-Level Targeting versus Inflation Targeting: A Free Lunch?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 277-295, August.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1996. "Price-level Targeting versus Inflation Targeting: A Free Lunch?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1510, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2006.
"Partial indexation, trend inflation, and the hybrid Phillips curve,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 42-50, January.
- Sahuc, J-G., 2004. "Partial Indexation, Trend Inflation, and the Hybrid Phillips Curve," Working papers 118, Banque de France.
- J.-G. Sahuc, 2006. "Partial indexation, trend inflation, and the hybrid Phillips curve," Post-Print hal-02877995, HAL.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2004. "Partial Indexation, Trend Inflation, and the Hybrid Phillips Curve," Documents de recherche 04-05, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2004. "Partial Indexation, Trend Inflation, and the Hybrid Phillips Curve," Post-Print hal-01612716, HAL.
- Jiri Bohm & Jan Filacek, 2012.
"Price-Level Targeting–A Real Alternative to Inflation Targeting?,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(1), pages 2-26, February.
- Jiri Bohm & Jan Filacek & Ivana Kubicova & Romana Zamazalova, 2011. "Price-Level Targeting - A Real Alternative to Inflation Targeting?," Research and Policy Notes 2011/01, Czech National Bank.
- George A. Kahn, 2009. "Beyond inflation targeting: should central banks target the price level?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 94(Q III), pages 35-64.
- Gill Hammond, 2012. "State of the art of inflation targeting," Handbooks, Centre for Central Banking Studies, Bank of England, edition 4, number 29, December.
- Steve Ambler, 2009.
"Price-Level Targeting and Stabilization Policy: A Review,"
Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2009(Spring), pages 21-31.
- Steve Ambler, 2007. "Price-Level Targeting and Stabilization Policy: A Review," Discussion Papers 07-11, Bank of Canada.
- Nessen, Marianne & Vestin, David, 2005. "Average Inflation Targeting," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 837-863, October.
- Christopher Ragan, 2011. "The Roads Not Taken: Why the Bank of Canada Stayed With Inflation Targeting," e-briefs 125, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Patrick Minford, 2004. "The A W Phillips memorial lecture to the New Zealand Association of Economists: Monetary Policy – should it move onto a price level target?," Macroeconomics 0409020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Michael Woodford, 2003. "The Zero Bound on Interest Rates and Optimal Monetary Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(1), pages 139-235.
- Gaspar, Vitor & Smets, Frank & Vestin, David, 2010. "Inflation Expectations, Adaptive Learning and Optimal Monetary Policy," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: Benjamin M. Friedman & Michael Woodford (ed.),Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 19, pages 1055-1095, Elsevier.
- Hatcher, Michael C., 2011. "Comparing inflation and price-level targeting: A comprehensive review of the literature," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2011/22, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Vestin, David, 2006. "Price-level versus inflation targeting," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1361-1376, October.
- Carl E. Walsh, 2011. "The Future of Inflation Targeting," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(s1), pages 23-36, September.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation targeting; price-level targeting; indexation; macroeconomic stability;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdr:borrec:783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos Olivera). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/brcgvco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.