Undue Charges and Price Discrimination
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Salop, 1977. "The Noisy Monopolist: Imperfect Information, Price Dispersion and Price Discrimination," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 393-406.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2018.
"Shrouded attributes, consumer myopia and information suppression in competitive markets,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Behavioral Industrial Organization, chapter 3, pages 40-74
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 505-540.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2005. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," NBER Working Papers 11755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laibson, David I. & Gabaix, Xavier, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," Scholarly Articles 4554333, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Shor, Mikhael & Oliver, Richard L., 2006. "Price discrimination through online couponing: Impact on likelihood of purchase and profitability," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 423-440, June.
- Sumit Agarwal & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Neale Mahoney & Johannes Stroebel, 2015.
"Regulating Consumer Financial Products: Evidence from Credit Cards,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 130(1), pages 111-164.
- Sumit Agarwal & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Neale Mahoney & Johannes Stroebel, 2013. "Regulating Consumer Financial Products: Evidence from Credit Cards," NBER Working Papers 19484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johannes Stroebel, 2014. "Regulating Consumer Financial Products: Evidence from Credit Cards," 2014 Meeting Papers 126, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Sumit Agarwal & John C Driscoll & Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2008. "Learning in the Credit Card Market," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002028, David K. Levine.
- Victor Stango & Jonathan Zinman, 2014. "Limited and Varying Consumer Attention: Evidence from Shocks to the Salience of Bank Overdraft Fees," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(4), pages 990-1030.
- Severin Borenstein, 1985. "Price Discrimination in Free-Entry Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 380-397, Autumn.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1978. "Rationality as Process and as Product of Thought," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Hashem Pesaran, M. & Pesaran, Bahram, 1993.
"A simulation approach to the problem of computing Cox's statistic for testing nonnested models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 377-392.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Pasaran, B., 1989. "A Simulation Approach To The Problem Of Computing Cox'S Statistic For Testing Non-Nested Models," Papers 7, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1996. "Coupons and oligopolistic price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-242.
- Chakravarthi Narasimhan, 1984. "A Price Discrimination Theory of Coupons," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 128-147.
More about this item
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-IND-2016-05-08 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-PKE-2016-05-08 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bcb:wpaper:427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francisco Marcos Rodrigues Figueiredo). General contact details of provider: http://www.bcb.gov.br/?english .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.