A simulation approach to the problem of computing Cox's statistic for testing nonnested models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pasaran, M.H. & Pasaran, B., 1989. "A Simulation Approach To The Problem Of Computing Cox'S Statistic For Testing Non-Nested Models," Papers 7, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maozu Lu & Grayham E. Mizon & Chiara Monfardini, 2008. "Simulation Encompassing: Testing Non-nested Hypotheses," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 781-806, December.
- Francisco J. Ruge-Murcia, 2000.
"Uncovering financial markets' beliefs about inflation targets,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 483-512.
- Ruge-Murcia, F.J., 1998. "Uncovering Financial Markets Beliefs About Inflation Targets," Cahiers de recherche 9803, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 1998. "Uncovering Financial Markets Beliefs About Inflation Targets," Cahiers de recherche 9803, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva, 2001.
"A score test for non-nested hypotheses with applications to discrete data models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(5), pages 577-597.
- J M C Santos Silva, 1996. "A Score Test for Non-nested Hypotheses with Applications to Discrete Data Models," Discussion Papers 96-28 ISSN 1350-6722, University College London, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Yi-Ting & Kuan, Chung-Ming, 2002.
"The pseudo-true score encompassing test for non-nested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 271-295, February.
- Yi-Ting Chen & Chung-Ming Kuan, 2000. "The Pseudo-True Score Encompassing Test for Non-Nested Hypothesis," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1723, Econometric Society.
- Christophe Bontemps & Grayham E. Mizon, 2008. "Encompassing: Concepts and Implementation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 721-750, December.
- Duncan, Alan & Weeks, Melvyn, 1997. "Behavioural tax microsimulation with finite hours choices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 619-626, April.
- Otsu, Taisuke & Seo, Myung Hwan & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2012.
"Testing for non-nested conditional moment restrictions using unconditional empirical likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 370-382.
- Taisuke Otsu & Myung Hwan Seo & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2008. "Testing for Non-Nested Conditional Moment Restrictions Using Unconditional Empirical Likelihood," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1660, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Heinz König & Michael Lechner, 1994.
"Some Recent Developments in Microeconometrics - A Survey,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 130(III), pages 299-331, September.
- König, Heinz & Lechner, Michael, 1994. "Some recent developments in microeconometrics: A survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 94-12, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kaitibie, Simeon & Nganje, William E. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Epplin, Francis M., 2003. "Optimal Grazing Pressure Under Output Price And Production Uncertainty With Alternative Functional Forms," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22020, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Godwin Nwaobi, 2002.
"A vector error correction and nonnested modeling of money demand function in Nigeria,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(4), pages 1-8.
- Godwin Nwaobi, 2001. "A Vector Error Correction And Nonnested Modelling Of Money Demand Function In Nigeria," Econometrics 0111004, EconWPA.
- M. Genius & E. Strazzera, 2000. "Evaluation of likelihood based tests for non-nested dichotomus choice contingent valuation models," Working Paper CRENoS 200012, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Sangjoon Kim, Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, "undated".
"Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models,"
W26, revised version of W, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1996. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference And Comparison With Arch Models," Econometrics 9610002, EconWPA.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers 3., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Dameus, Alix & Brorsen, B. Wade & Sukhdial, Kullapapruk Piewthongngam & Richter, Francisca G.-C., 2001. "Aids Versus Rotterdam: A Cox Nonnested Test With Parametric Bootstrap," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20453, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yeo, In-Kwon, 2005. "Variable selection and transformation in linear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 219-226, May.
- Genius, Margarita & Strazzera, Elisabetta, 2002. "A note about model selection and tests for non-nested contingent valuation models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 363-370, February.
- Gabriel Garber & Márcio Issao Nakane, 2016. "Undue charges and price discrimination," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2016_27, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- M. T. Aparicio & I. Villanúa, 2012. "Selection criteria for overlapping binary Models," Documentos de Trabajo dt2012-01, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Godfrey, Leslie G., 2007. "On the asymptotic validity of a bootstrap method for testing nonnested hypotheses," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 408-413, March.
- McAleer, Michael, 1995. "The significance of testing empirical non-nested models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 149-171, May.
- Orme, Chris, 1995. "Simulated conditional moment tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 239-245, September.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Dameus, Alix & Richter, Francisca G.-C. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Sukhdial, Kullapapruk Piewthongngam, 2002. "Aids Versus The Rotterdam Demand System: A Cox Test With Parametric Bootstrap," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Monfardini, Chiara, 2003. "An illustration of Cox's non-nested testing procedure for logit and probit models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 425-444, March.
- Coulibaly, Nouhoun & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1997. "A Monte Carlo Sampling Approach to Testing Separate Families of Hypotheses: Monte Carlo Results," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35879, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:57:y:1993:i:1-3:p:377-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.