On the Tail Risk Premium in the Oil Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumeister, Christiane & Kilian, Lutz, 2014.
"A General Approach to Recovering Market Expectations from Futures Prices With an Application to Crude Oil,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10162, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiane Baumeister & Lutz Kilian, 2016. "A General Approach to Recovering Market Expectations from Futures Prices with an Application to Crude Oil," Staff Working Papers 16-18, Bank of Canada.
- Christiane Baumeister & Lutz Kilian, 2016. "A General Approach to Recovering Market Expectations from Futures Prices with an Application to Crude Oil," CESifo Working Paper Series 5782, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Kilian, Lutz, 2014. "A general approach to recovering market expectations from futures prices with an application to crude oil," CFS Working Paper Series 466, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian, 2010.
"What do we learn from the price of crude oil futures?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 539-573.
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz, 2007. "What Do We Learn from the Price of Crude Oil Futures?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Feunou & Mohammad R Jahan-Parvar & Cédric Okou, 2018.
"Downside Variance Risk Premium,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 16(3), pages 341-383.
- Bruno Feunou & Mohammad R. Jahan-Parvar & Cédric Okou, 2015. "Downside Variance Risk Premium," Staff Working Papers 15-36, Bank of Canada.
- Feunou, Bruno & Jahan-Parvar, Mohammad & Okou, Cedric, 2015. "Downside Variance Risk Premium," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hong, Harrison & Yogo, Motohiro, 2012.
"What does futures market interest tell us about the macroeconomy and asset prices?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 473-490.
- Harrison Hong & Motohiro Yogo, 2011. "What Does Futures Market Interest Tell Us about the Macroeconomy and Asset Prices?," NBER Working Papers 16712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-5-byun is not listed on IDEAS
- Sung Je Byun, 2017.
"Speculation in Commodity Futures Markets, Inventories and the Price of Crude Oil,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 5).
- Byun, Sung Je, 2016. "Speculation in Commodity Futures Markets, Inventories and the Price of Crude Oil," Occasional Papers 16-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Doran, James S. & Ronn, Ehud I., 2008. "Computing the market price of volatility risk in the energy commodity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2541-2552, December.
- Nikolaos T. Milonas & Stavros B. Thomadakis, 1997. "Convenience yields as call options: An empirical analysis," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1992. "Systematic Risk, Hedging Pressure, and Risk Premiums in Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 637-667.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset Pricing; Econometric and statistical methods; Financial markets;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2017-12-11 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2017-12-11 (Forecasting)
- NEP-RMG-2017-12-11 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2017-12-11 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:17-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.