Local Government Cooperation for Joint Provision: The Experiences of Brazil and Spain with Inter-Municipal Consortia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Luiz de Mello & Santiago Lago-Pe-as, 2013. "Local government cooperation for joint provision: the experiences of Brazil and Spain with inter-municipal consortia," Chapters,in: The Challenge of Local Government Size, chapter 9, pages 221-241 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albert SolÃ©-OllÃ© & NÃºria Bosch, 2005. "On the Relationship between Authority Size and the Costs of Providing Local Services: Lessons for the Design of Intergovernmental Transfers in Spain," Public Finance Review, , vol. 33(3), pages 343-384, May.
- Ladd, Helen F., 1994. "Fiscal impacts of local population growth: A conceptual and empirical analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 661-686, December.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda & Melania Mur, 2010.
"¿Por qué se privatizan servicios en los municipios (pequeños)? Evidencia empírica sobre residuos sólidos y agua,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 192(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda & Melania Mur, 2009. "¿Por qué se privatizan servicios en los municipios (pequeños)?Evidencia empírica sobre residuos sólidos y agua," IREA Working Papers 200908, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Apr 2009.
- Rune Sørensen, 2006. "Local government consolidations: The impact of political transaction costs," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 75-95, April.
- Helen F. Ladd, 1992. "Population Growth, Density and the Costs of Providing Public Services," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(2), pages 273-295, April.
- Reto Steiner, 2003. "The causes, spread and effects of intermunicipal cooperation and municipal mergers in Switzerland," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 551-571, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luiz de Mello & Douglas Sutherland, 2014. "Financing Infrastructure," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1409, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Germà Bel & Mildred E. Warner, 2016.
"Factors explaining inter-municipal cooperation in service delivery: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 91-115, June.
- Germà Bel & Mildred E. Warner, 2015. "“Factors Explaining Inter-municipal Cooperation in Service Delivery: A Meta-Regression Analysis”," IREA Working Papers 201521, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2015.
More about this item
Keywordsinter-municipal cooperation; local public finance; Brazil; Spain; federalism; probit;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2012-04-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2012-04-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-04-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ays:ispwps:paper1218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Benson). General contact details of provider: http://aysps.gsu.edu/isp/index.html .