Taxation Issues in The Jamaican External Trade Sector
This report is concerned with issues of the efficiency and revenue aspects of the current Jamaican taxes on trade, including tariffs, other charges, customs valuation questions, and incentives. It also considers revenue implications of further Jamaican tariff liberalization through the World Trade Organization (WTO) as a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and through the proposed Free Trade Agreement of the Americas (FTAA). Finally, it comments on the scope for integrating tariff reform with reforms in domestic taxes in order to recoup potential revenue losses and increase the efficiency of the tax system.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 404-413-0235|
Web page: http://aysps.gsu.edu/isp/index.html
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. P. Neary (ed.), 1995. "International Trade," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 575.
- Mortimore, Michael & Peres Núñez, Wilson, 1998. "Policy competition for foreign direct investment in the Caribbean Basin: Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica," Desarrollo Productivo 49, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Markusen, James R. & Melvin, James R. & Maskus, Keith E. & Kaempfer, William, 1995. "International trade: theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 21989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vousden,Neil, 1990. "The Economics of Trade Protection," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521346696, December.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Paul L. E. Grieco, 2004. "Senator Kerry on Corporate Tax Reform: Right Diagnosis, Wrong Prescription," Policy Briefs PB04-03, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ays:ispwps:paper0429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Benson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.