Patent Licensing in Spatial Models
We show that a two-part tariff licensing contract is always optimal to the insider patentee in spatial models irrespective of the size of the innovation or any pre-innovation cost asymmetries. The result provides a simple justification of the prevalence of two-part tariff licensing contracts in industries.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Commerce House, 360 Queen Street, Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1020|
Phone: +64 9 917-9721
Fax: +64 9 917-9976
Web page: http://www.aut.ac.nz/business/working-paper-series
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Balasubramanian, N., 2001.
"Technology transfer in a horizontally differentiated product market,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 257-274, September.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & N. Balasubramanian, 1999. "Technology transfer in a horizontal differentiated product market," Working Papers 99.4, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Bagchi, Aniruddha & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2014.
"Technology licensing in a differentiated oligopoly,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 455-465.
- Aniruddha Bagchi & Arijit Mukherjee, . "Technology licensing in a differentiated oligopoly," Discussion Papers 10/16, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Sougata Poddar & Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2002.
"On Patent Licensing in Spatial Competition,"
Departmental Working Papers
wp0212, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Macho, I. & Martinez-Giralt, X. & Perez-Castrillo, D., 1993.
"The Role of Information in Licensing Contract Design,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
216.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier & David Perez-Castrillo, J., 1996. "The role of information in licensing contract design," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Sougata Poddar & Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2010. "Patent Licensing from a High-Cost Firm to a Low-Cost Firm," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(274), pages 384-395, 09.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2007. "On patent licensing in spatial competition with endogenous location choice," Discussion Papers 2007-35, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Ramón Faulí-Oller & Joel Sandonís, 2000.
"Welfare Reducing Licensing,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2000-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Debapriya Sen & Yair Tauman, 2002.
"General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
02-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Sen, Debapriya & Tauman, Yair, 2007. "General licensing schemes for a cost-reducing innovation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 163-186, April.
- Kamien, Morton I., 1992. "Patent licensing," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 331-354 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aut:wpaper:201308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gail Pacheco)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.