Climate Change Policy under Spatially Structured Ambiguity: Hot Spots and the Precautionary Principle
In view of the ambiguities and the deep uncertainty associated with climate change, we study the features of climate change policies that account for spatially structured ambiguity. Ambiguity related to the evolution of the natural system is introduced into a coupled economy-climate model with explicit spatial structure due to heat transport across the globe. We seek to answer questions about how spatial robust regulation regarding climate policies can be formulated; what the potential links of this regulation to the weak and strong version of the precautionary principle (PP) are; and how insights about whether it is costly to follow a PP can be obtained. We also study the emergence of hot spots, which are locations where local deep uncertainty may cause robust regulation to break down for the whole spatial domain, or the weak PP to be costly.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+301) 8214021
Fax: (301) 8214021
Web page: http://deos.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Klibanoff & Massimo Marinacci & Sujoy Mukerji, 2002.
"A smooth model of decision making under ambiguity,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
11-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Apr 2003.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 2012.
"Three types of ambiguity,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 422-445.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 2003. "Robust control of forward-looking models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 581-604, April.
- Athanassoglou, Stergios & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2012. "Pollution control with uncertain stock dynamics: When, and how, to be precautious," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 304-320.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aue:wpaper:1332. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterini Glynou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.