Multi-Criteria Decision Making on the Energy Supply Configuration of Autonomous Desalination Units
The important energy requirements for the desalination process impose especially in remote plants supply by Renewable Energy Sources (RES). In this paper five alternative energy generation topologies of Reverse Osmosis desalination process are evaluated. Proposed topologies assessed in terms of economic, environmental, technological and societal indices are compared using multi-criteria analysis, namely the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and PROMETHEE. Ranking of topologies resulted in the selection of direct connection and hybrid configuration. In case of economic priorities prevail diesel generation should also be considered.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.aoa.aua.gr|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raju, Komaragiri Srinivasa & Pillai, C. R. S., 1999. "Multicriterion decision making in river basin planning and development," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 249-257, January.
- Aras, Haydar & Erdoğmuş, Şenol & Koç, Eylem, 2004. "Multi-criteria selection for a wind observation station location using analytic hierarchy process," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1383-1392.
- Catalina, Tiberiu & Virgone, Joseph & Blanco, Eric, 2011. "Multi-source energy systems analysis using a multi-criteria decision aid methodology," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2245-2252.
- Haralambopoulos, D.A. & Polatidis, H., 2003. "Renewable energy projects: structuring a multi-criteria group decision-making framework," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 961-973.
- Beccali, M. & Cellura, M. & Mistretta, M., 2003. "Decision-making in energy planning. Application of the Electre method at regional level for the diffusion of renewable energy technology," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 2063-2087.
- Macharis, Cathy & Springael, Johan & De Brucker, Klaas & Verbeke, Alain, 2004. "PROMETHEE and AHP: The design of operational synergies in multicriteria analysis.: Strengthening PROMETHEE with ideas of AHP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 307-317, March.
- Eltawil, Mohamed A. & Zhengming, Zhao & Yuan, Liqiang, 2009. "A review of renewable energy technologies integrated with desalination systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2245-2262, December.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans & Philippe Vincke, 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: the Prométhée method," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9307, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aua:wpaper:2013-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kremmydas dimitrios)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.