Cost effectiveness of bio-ethanol to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in Greece
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Murphy, J.D. & McCarthy, K., 2005. "Ethanol production from energy crops and wastes for use as a transport fuel in Ireland," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 148-166, October.
- Russi, Daniela, 2008. "An integrated assessment of a large-scale biodiesel production in Italy: Killing several birds with one stone?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1169-1180, March.
- Haque, Imdadul & Rozakis, Stelios & Ganko, Ewa & Kallivroussis, Leonidas, 2009. "Bio-energy production in the sugar industry: an integrated modeling approach," 113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece 58026, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nguyen, Thu Lan T. & Gheewala, Shabbir H. & Garivait, Savitri, 2007. "Fossil energy savings and GHG mitigation potentials of ethanol as a gasoline substitute in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5195-5205, October.
- Iliopoulos, Constantine & Rozakis, Stelios, 2010. "Environmental cost-effectiveness of bio diesel production in Greece: Current policies and alternative scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1067-1078, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCost effectiveness; ethanol; mathematical programming; life cycle assessment; greenhouse gases;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-09-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-09-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-09-16 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aua:wpaper:2011-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kremmydas dimitrios). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daauagr.html .