Modelling the supply of new residential construction for local housing markets and estimation of housing supply price elasticities: The case of Aberdeen, UK
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Monk & Christine M. E. Whitehead, 1999. "Evaluating the Economic Impact of Planning Controls in the United Kingdom: Some Implications for Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 74-93.
- Riddel, Mary, 2004. "Housing-market disequilibrium: an examination of housing-market price and stock dynamics 1967-1998," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 120-135, June.
- Tsoukis, Christopher & Westaway, Peter, 1994. "A forward looking model of housing construction in the UK," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 266-279, April.
- Kenny, Geoff, 2003.
"Asymmetric adjustment costs and the dynamics of housing supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1097-1111, December.
- Kenny, Geoff, 1999. "Asymmetric Adjustment Costs and The Dynamics of Housing Supply," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/99, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Malpezzi, Stephen & Maclennan, Duncan, 2001. "The Long-Run Price Elasticity of Supply of New Residential Construction in the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 278-306, September.
- Topel, Robert H & Rosen, Sherwin, 1988. "Housing Investment in the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 718-740, August.
- Mayer, Christopher J. & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2000. "Residential Construction: Using the Urban Growth Model to Estimate Housing Supply," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 85-109, July.
- G Bramley, 1993. "Land-use planning and the housing market in Britain: the impact on housebuilding and house prices," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(7), pages 1021-1051, July.
- James M. Poterba, 1991. "House Price Dynamics: The Role of Tax Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 143-204.
- Ball, Michael & Meen, Geoffrey & Nygaard, Christian, 2010. "Housing supply price elasticities revisited: Evidence from international, national, local and company data," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 255-268, December.
- Lee, Gabriel S., 1999. "Housing Investment Dynamics, Period of Production, and Adjustment Costs," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Stover, Mark Edward, 1986. "The price elasticity of the supply of single-family detached urban housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 331-340, November.
- Min Hwang & John M. Quigley, 2006.
"Economic Fundamentals In Local Housing Markets: Evidence From U.S. Metropolitan Regions,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 425-453.
- Hwang, Min & Quigley, John M., 2006. "Economic Fundamentals in Local Housing Markets: Evidence from U.S. Metropolitan Regions," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt79d325cm, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Harter-Dreiman, Michelle, 2004. "Drawing inferences about housing supply elasticity from house price responses to income shocks," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 316-337, March.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-267, May.
- Goodman, John L, Jr, 1998. "Aggregation of Local Housing Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 43-53, January.
- Blackley, Dixie M, 1999. "The Long-Run Elasticity of New Housing Supply in the United States: Empirical Evidence for 1950 to 1994," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 25-42, January.
- DiPasquale, Denise, 1999. "Why Don't We Know More about Housing Supply?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 9-23, January.
- de Leeuw, Frank & Ekanem, Nkanta F, 1971. "The Supply of Rental Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 806-817, December.
More about this item
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arz:wpaper:eres2012_097. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Architexturez Imprints). General contact details of provider: https://eres.architexturez.net .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.