Geert Hofstede et al's set of national cultural dimensions - popularity and criticisms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dimitrov, Kiril, 2014. "Geert Hofstede et al’s Set of National Cultural Dimensions - Popularity and Criticisms," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 30-60.
- Kiril Dimitrov, 2014. "Geert Hofstede et al’s Set of National Cultural Dimensions - Popularity and Criticisms," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 2, pages 30-60, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- George Ofori & Shamas-Ur-Rehman Toor, 2009. "Research on cross-cultural leadership and management in construction: a review and directions for future research," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 119-133.
- Hui‐Jung Chang, 2011. "Multinationals on the web: Cultural similarities and differences in English‐language and Chinese‐language website designs," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(6), pages 1105-1117, June.
- Mansour Javidan & Robert J House & Peter W Dorfman & Paul J Hanges & Mary Sully de Luque, 2006. "Conceptualizing and measuring cultures and their consequences: a comparative review of GLOBE's and Hofstede's approaches," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 897-914, November.
- Nuno Rosa Reis & Manuel Portugal Ferreira & João Carvalho Santos, 2013. "A bibliometric study of the cultural models in International Business research," Working Papers 104, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Hui-Jung Chang, 2011. "Multinationals on the web: Cultural similarities and differences in English-language and Chinese-language website designs," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(6), pages 1105-1117, June.
- K Sivakumar & Cheryl Nakata, 2001. "The Stampede Toward Hofstede's Framework: Avoiding the Sample Design Pit in Cross-Cultural Research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 555-574, September.
- M. Gordon Hunter & John E. Beck, 2000. "Using Repertory Grids to Conduct Cross-Cultural Information Systems Research," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 93-101, March.
- In K. Chung & Carl R. Adams, 1997. "A Study on the Characteristics of Group Decision Making Behavior: Cultural Difference Perspective of Korea vs. U.S," Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), IGI Global, vol. 5(3), pages 18-30, July.
- Sirkka L. Jarvenpaa & Dorothy E. Leidner, 1998. "An Information Company in Mexico: Extending the Resource-Based View of the Firm to a Developing Country Context," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 342-361, December.
- Soares, Ana Maria & Farhangmehr, Minoo & Shoham, Aviv, 2007. "Hofstede's dimensions of culture in international marketing studies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 277-284, March.
- Bradley L Kirkman & Kevin B Lowe & Cristina B Gibson, 2006. "A quarter century of Culture's Consequences: a review of empirical research incorporating Hofstede's cultural values framework," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(3), pages 285-320, May.
- Prasad, S. Benjamin & Pisani, Michael J. & Prasad, Rose M., 2008. "New criticisms of international management: An analytical review," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 617-629, December.
- Charles E. Downing & John Gallaugher & Albert H. Segars, 2003. "Information Technology Choices in Dissimilar Cultures: Enhancing Empowerment," Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), IGI Global, vol. 11(1), pages 20-39, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anneli Kaasa & Maaja Vadi & Urmas Varblane, 2014. "Regional Cultural Differences Within European Countries: Evidence from Multi-Country Surveys," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 54(6), pages 825-852, December.
- Bradley L Kirkman & Kevin B Lowe & Cristina B Gibson, 2017. "A retrospective on Culture’s Consequences: The 35-year journey," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(1), pages 12-29, January.
- Yeganeh, Hamid, 2014. "A Weighted, Mahalanobian, and Asymmetrical Approach to Calculating National Cultural Distance," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 436-463.
- Jean-Luc Arregle & Toyah L Miller & Michael A Hitt & Paul W Beamish, 2016. "How does regional institutional complexity affect MNE internationalization?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(6), pages 697-722, August.
- Samuel Marleau Ouellet & Joseph Facal & Louis Hébert, 2015. "Understanding Cultural Difference Management through Charles Taylor’s Philosophy: Case Studies from the Food Processing Industry," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-25, April.
- Rosalie L Tung & Günter K Stahl, 2018. "The tortuous evolution of the role of culture in IB research: What we know, what we don’t know, and where we are headed," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 49(9), pages 1167-1189, December.
- Dowling, Michael & O’Gorman, Colm & Puncheva, Petya & Vanwalleghem, Dieter, 2019. "Trust and SME attitudes towards equity financing across Europe," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 1-1.
- Lazarova, Mila & Peretz, Hilla & Fried, Yitzhak, 2017. "Locals know best? Subsidiary HR autonomy and subsidiary performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 83-96.
- Avloniti, Anthi & Filippaios, Fragkiskos, 2014. "Unbundling the differences between Psychic and Cultural Distance: An empirical examination of the existing measures," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 660-674.
- Ghulam Mustafa & Rune Lines, 2016. "The Emergence and Effects of Culturally Congruent Leadership: Current Status and Future Developments," Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, Centre for Strategic and International Entrepreneurship at the Cracow University of Economics., vol. 4(1), pages 161-180.
- Sandra A. Vannoy & A. F. Salam, 2010. "Managerial Interpretations of the Role of Information Systems in Competitive Actions and Firm Performance: A Grounded Theory Investigation," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 496-515, September.
- Yuzhe Miao & Yuping Zeng & Jeoung Yul Lee, 2016. "Headquarters Resource Allocation for Inter-Subsidiary Innovation Transfer: The Effect of Within-Country and Cross-Country Cultural Differences," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(5), pages 665-698, October.
- Huerta, Esperanza & Glandon, TerryAnn & Petrides, Yanira, 2012. "Framing, decision-aid systems, and culture: Exploring influences on fraud investigations," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 316-333.
- Boubakri, Narjess & Saffar, Walid, 2016. "Culture and externally financed firm growth," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 502-520.
- Lorente-Páramo, Ángel J. & Hernández-García, Ángel & Chaparro-Peláez, Julián, 2020. "Influence of cultural dimensions on promotional e-mail effectiveness," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 150(C).
- Xiaoyu Deng & Jing Tian & Rong Chen, 2019. "Effect of Social Security System on Consumption through Income and Uncertainty: Evidence from China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-16, March.
- Chengguang Li & Felix C. Brodbeck & Oded Shenkar & Leonard J. Ponzi & Jan Hendrik Fisch, 2017. "Embracing the foreign: Cultural attractiveness and international strategy," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 950-971, April.
- Tekic, Anja & Tekic, Zeljko, 2021. "Culture as antecedent of national innovation performance: Evidence from neo-configurational perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 385-396.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Björn Ambos & Phillip C Nell, 2018. "Conceptualizing and measuring distance in international business research: Recurring questions and best practice guidelines," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 49(9), pages 1113-1137, December.
- Kaasa, Anneli & Vadi, Maaja & Varblane, Urmas, 2016. "A new dataset of cultural distances for European countries and regions," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 231-241.
More about this item
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2018-11-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2018-11-05 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1810.02621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.