Hofstede never studied culture
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lal, Mohan & Dunk, Alan S. & Smith, Gregory D., 1996. "The propensity of managers to create budgetary slack: A cross-national re-examination using random sampling," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 483-496.
- MacArthur, John B., 1996. "An investigation into the influence of cultural factors in the international lobbying of the International Accounting Standards Committee: The case of E32, Comparability of Financial Statements," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-237.
- O'Connor, Neale G., 1995. "The influence of organizational culture on the usefulness of budget participation by Singaporean-Chinese managers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 383-403, July.
- Piero Morosini & Scott Shane & Harbir Singh, 1998. "National Cultural Distance and Cross-Border Acquisition Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 137-158, March.
- Cohen, Jeffrey R. & Pant, Laurie W. & Sharp, David J., 1996. "A methodological note on cross-cultural accounting ethics research," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 55-66.
- Geert Hofstede, 1998. "Identifying Organizational Subcultures: An Empirical Approach," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 1-12, 01.
- Hussein, Mohamed E., 1996. "A comparative study of cultural influences on financial reporting in the U.S. and The Netherlands," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 95-120.
- Chow, Chee W. & Shields, Michael D. & Wu, Anne, 1999. "The importance of national culture in the design of and preference for management controls for multi-national operations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-6), pages 441-461, July.
- Sudarwan, M. & Fogarty, Timothy J., 1996. "Culture and accounting in Indonesia: An empirical examination," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 463-481.
- Chow, Chee W. & Harrison, Graeme L. & McKinnon, Jill L. & Wu, Anne, 1999. "Cultural influences on informal information sharing in Chinese and Anglo-American organizations: an exploratory study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 561-582, October.
- Emenyonu, Emmanuel N. & Gray, Sidney J., 1996. "International accounting harmonization and the major developed stock market countries: An empirical study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-279.
- Harrison, Graeme L., 1992. "The cross-cultural generalizability of the relation between participation, budget emphasis and job related attitudes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Tsui, Judy S. L., 1996. "Auditors' ethical reasoning: Some audit conflict and cross cultural evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 121-133.
- Harrison, Graeme L. & McKinnon, Jill L., 1999. "Cross-cultural research in management control systems design: a review of the current state," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-6), pages 483-506, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:28:y:2003:i:1:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.