Predicting change in management accounting systems: national culture and industry effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chow, Chee W. & Kato, Yutaka & Shields, Michael D., 1994. "National culture and the preference for management controls: An exploratory study of the firm--Labor market interface," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(4-5), pages 381-400.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1999.
"What caused the Asian currency and financial crisis?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-373, October.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Corsetti, G. & Pesenti, P. & Roubini, N., 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Papers 343, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Alwyn Young, 1992. "A Tale of Two Cities: Factor Accumulation and Technical Change in Hong Kong and Singapore," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 13-64 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Snodgrass, Coral, 1988. "Culture and control: A field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 447-464, August.
- Pratt, Jamie & Mohrweis, Lawrence C. & Beaulieu, Phil, 1993. "The interaction between national and organizational culture in accounting firms: An extension," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(7-8), pages 621-628.
- O'Connor, Neale G., 1995. "The influence of organizational culture on the usefulness of budget participation by Singaporean-Chinese managers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 383-403, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:156-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soeters, Joseph & Schreuder, Hein, 1988. "The interaction between national and organizational cultures in accounting firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Harrison, Graeme L., 1992. "The cross-cultural generalizability of the relation between participation, budget emphasis and job related attitudes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Pratt, Jamie & Beaulieu, Phil, 1992. "Organizational culture in public accounting: Size, technology, rank, and functional area," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 667-684, October.
- Lau, Chong M. & Low, Liang C. & Eggleton, Ian R. C., 1995. "The impact of reliance on accounting performance measures on job-related tension and managerial performance: Additional evidence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 359-381, July.
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Chow, Chee W. & Wu, Anne, 1995. "Measurement, evaluation and reward of profit center managers: A cross-cultural field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 619-638.
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:189-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:16:y:1978:i:1:p:122-149 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ora:journl:v:1:y:2013:i:2:p:692-703 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam Maiga & Anders Nilsson & Fred Jacobs, 2014. "Assessing the impact of budgetary participation on budgetary outcomes: the role of information technology for enhanced communication and activity-based costing," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-32, September.
- Toms, Steven, 2005. "Financial control, managerial control and accountability: evidence from the British Cotton Industry, 1700-2000," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 627-653.
- Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D., 2003. "Mapping management accounting: graphics and guidelines for theory-consistent empirical research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 169-249.
- Millo, Yuval & Barman, Emily & Hall, Matthew, 2016. "Accounting measurement tools and their impact on managerial decision making," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 17(2), pages 17-23.
- David Emsley & Lai Hong Chung, 2010. "How Management Accountants' Cognitive Style and Role Involvement Combine to Affect the Effort Devoted to Initiating Change," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(3), pages 232-257.
- repec:fan:macoma:v:html10.3280/maco2017-003005 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Hall & Yuval Millo & Emily Barman, 2015. "Who and What Really Counts? Stakeholder Prioritization and Accounting for Social Value," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(7), pages 907-934, November.
- Tarek Chanegrih, 2008. "Les changements dans les outils de contrôle de gestion : une analyse comparative," Post-Print halshs-00522461, HAL.
- Haka, Susan F. & Heitger, Dan L., 2004. "International managerial accounting research: A contracting framework and opportunities," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 21-69.
- Tarek Chanegrih, 2010. "Les changements en contrôle de gestion - quelle nature et quelles finalités?," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 13(1), pages 5-32, March.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:17:y:2014:i:2:p:163-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hao Shi, 2006. "L'évolution du "calcul économique en équipe" : un processus de légitimation des changements institutionnels en Chine," Working Papers 2006-4, Laboratoire Orléanais de Gestion - université d'Orléans.
- Scorte Carmen & Farcas Mariana, 2013. "The Impact Of Accounting Information On Managerial Decisions Â€" Theoretical Approaches," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 692-702, December.
- Tarek Chanegrih, 2007. "Les Changements En Controle De Gestion : Une Etude Empirique," Post-Print halshs-00543241, HAL.
- Thierry Nobre & Dmitry Riskal, 2003. "L'Évolution Des Pratiques De Contrôle De Gestion Dans Les Entreprises Russes Après 1992," Post-Print halshs-00582807, HAL.
- Ratnatunga, Janek & Tse, Michael S.C. & Balachandran, Kashi R., 2012. "Cost Management in Sri Lanka: A Case Study on Volume, Activity and Time as Cost Drivers," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 281-301.
- repec:eee:advacc:v:30:y:2014:i:1:p:9-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Christophe Herriau & Lionel Touchais, 2012. "Changement et système de contrôle : une perspective dynamique," Post-Print hal-01737425, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:26:y:2001:i:4-5:p:443-460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.