Cross-cultural research in management control systems design: a review of the current state
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Snodgrass, Coral, 1988. "Culture and control: A field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 447-464, August.
- Harrison, Graeme L., 1993. "Reliance on accounting performance measures in superior evaluative style -- The influence of national culture and personality," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 319-339, May.
- Susumu Ueno & Uma Sekaran, 1992. "The Influence of Culture on Budget Control Practices in the USA and Japan: An Empirical Study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 659-674, December.
- Harrison, Graeme L., 1992. "The cross-cultural generalizability of the relation between participation, budget emphasis and job related attitudes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Lane Daley & James Jiambalvo & Gary Sundem & Yasumasa Kondo, 1985. "Attitudes Toward Financial Control Systems in the United States and Japan†," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 16(3), pages 91-110, September.
- Lau, Chong M. & Low, Liang C. & Eggleton, Ian R. C., 1995. "The impact of reliance on accounting performance measures on job-related tension and managerial performance: Additional evidence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 359-381, July.
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Chow, Chee W. & Wu, Anne, 1995. "Measurement, evaluation and reward of profit center managers: A cross-cultural field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 619-638.
- Chow, Chee W. & Shields, Michael D. & Chan, Yoke Kai, 1991. "The effects of management controls and national culture on manufacturing performance: An experimental investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-226.
- Chow, Chee W. & Kato, Yutaka & Merchant, Kenneth A., 1996. "The use of organizational controls and their effects on data manipulation and management myopia: A Japan vs U.S. comparison," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 175-192.
- Ran Lachman & Albert Nedd & Bob Hinings, 1994. "Analyzing Cross-National Management and Organizations: A Theoretical Framework," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 40-55, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:24:y:1999:i:5-6:p:483-506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.