Exploiting Investors Social Network for Stock Prediction in China's Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. "The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1993. "The Comovement of Stock Prices," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 1073-1104.
- Lee, Charles M.C. & Ma, Paul & Wang, Charles C.Y., 2015.
"Search-based peer firms: Aggregating investor perceptions through internet co-searches,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 410-431.
- Lee, Charles M. C. & Ma, Paul & Wang, Charles C. Y., 2014. "Search Based Peer Firms: Aggregating Investor Perceptions through Internet Co-searches," Research Papers 3062, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Ronny Luss & Alexandre D'Aspremont, 2015. "Predicting abnormal returns from news using text classification," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(6), pages 999-1012, June.
- Gerard Hoberg & Gordon Phillips, 2010.
"Product Market Synergies and Competition in Mergers and Acquisitions: A Text-Based Analysis,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(10), pages 3773-3811, October.
- Gerard Hoberg & Gordon M. Phillips, 2008. "Product Market Synergies and Competition in Mergers and Acquisitions: A Text-Based Analysis," NBER Working Papers 14289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wichard, Jörg D. & Merkwirth, Christian & Ogorzałek, Maciej, 2004. "Detecting correlation in stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 308-311.
- Taylor, Stephen J. & Xu, Xinzhong, 1997. "The incremental volatility information in one million foreign exchange quotations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 317-340, December.
- Gerard Hoberg & Gordon Phillips, 2016.
"Text-Based Network Industries and Endogenous Product Differentiation,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(5), pages 1423-1465.
- Gerard Hoberg & Gordon M. Phillips, 2010. "Text-Based Network Industries and Endogenous Product Differentiation," NBER Working Papers 15991, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casey Dougal & Joseph Engelberg & Diego García & Christopher A. Parsons, 2012. "Journalists and the Stock Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(3), pages 639-679.
- Darrat, Ali F & Zhong, Maosen, 2000. "On Testing the Random-Walk Hypothesis: A Model-Comparison Approach," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(3), pages 105-124, August.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2008. "All That Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 785-818, April.
- Stephen J Taylor, 2007. "Modelling Financial Time Series," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 6578, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dmitry G. Rodionov & Polina A. Pashinina & Evgenii A. Konnikov & Olga A. Konnikova, 2022. "Information Environment Quantifiers as Investment Analysis Basis," Economies, MDPI, vol. 10(10), pages 1-16, September.
- Feng Wang & Wei Chai & Xiaotian Shi & Mingru Dong & Bin Yan, 2021. "Does Regional Financial Resource Contribute to Economic Growth? From the Perspective of Spatial Correlation Network," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440219, March.
- Afanasyev, Dmitriy O. & Fedorova, Elena & Ledyaeva, Svetlana, 2021. "Strength of words: Donald Trump's tweets, sanctions and Russia's ruble," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 253-277.
- Yajie Qi & Huajiao Li & Sui Guo & Sida Feng, 2019. "Dynamic Transmission of Correlation between Investor Attention and Stock Price: Evidence from China’s Energy Industry Typical Stocks," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2019, pages 1-15, December.
- Weiguo Zhang & Xue Gong & Chao Wang & Xin Ye, 2021. "Predicting stock market volatility based on textual sentiment: A nonlinear analysis," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(8), pages 1479-1500, December.
- Ben Hasselgren & Christos Chrysoulas & Nikolaos Pitropakis & William J. Buchanan, 2022. "Using Social Media & Sentiment Analysis to Make Investment Decisions," Future Internet, MDPI, vol. 15(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Yongan Xu & Jianqiong Wang & Zhonglu Chen & Chao Liang, 2023. "Sentiment indices and stock returns: Evidence from China," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 1063-1080, January.
- Liang, Chao & Tang, Linchun & Li, Yan & Wei, Yu, 2020. "Which sentiment index is more informative to forecast stock market volatility? Evidence from China," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2019.
"Daily market news sentiment and stock prices,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(30), pages 3212-3235, June.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2015-11, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Allen, D.E. & McAleer, M.J. & Singh, A.K., 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2015-23, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-090/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ahmad, Fawad & Oriani, Raffaele, 2022. "Investor attention, information acquisition, and value premium: A mispricing perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Greenwood, Robin & Thesmar, David, 2011.
"Stock price fragility,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 471-490.
- David Thesmar, 2009. "Stock Price Fragility," Post-Print hal-00496062, HAL.
- Robin Greenwood & David Thesmar, 2011. "Stock price fragility," Post-Print hal-00635979, HAL.
- David Thesmar, 2010. "Stock Price Fragility," Post-Print hal-00554105, HAL.
- Chen, Zilin & Guo, Li & Tu, Jun, 2021. "Media connection and return comovement," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 130(C).
- Aobdia, Daniel & Cheng, Lin, 2018. "Unionization, product market competition, and strategic disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 331-357.
- Dou, Winston Wei & Ji, Yan & Wu, Wei, 2021. "Competition, profitability, and discount rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 582-620.
- Eaton, Gregory W. & Guo, Feng & Liu, Tingting & Officer, Micah S., 2022. "Peer selection and valuation in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 230-255.
- Travis Box & Danjue Shang, 2021. "Information‐driven stock price comovement," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 403-429, June.
- Tor‐Erik Bakke & Hamed Mahmudi & Ashley Newton, 2020. "Performance peer groups in CEO compensation contracts," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 997-1027, December.
- Huang, Yin-Siang & Bui, Dien Giau & Lin, Chih-Yung & Robin,, 2022. "The effect of abnormal institutional attention on bank loans," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Ardia, David & Bluteau, Keven & Boudt, Kris, 2022.
"Media abnormal tone, earnings announcements, and the stock market,"
Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- David Ardia & Keven Bluteau & Kris Boudt, 2021. "Media abnormal tone, earnings announcements, and the stock market," Papers 2110.10800, arXiv.org.
- Liu, Sha & Han, Jingguang, 2020. "Media tone and expected stock returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Keongtae Kim & Anandasivam Gopal & Gerard Hoberg, 2016. "Does Product Market Competition Drive CVC Investment? Evidence from the U.S. IT Industry," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 259-281, June.
- Kim, Byungoh & Suh, Sangwon, 2021. "Overnight stock returns, intraday returns, and firm-specific investor sentiment," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C).
- Bernard, Darren & Blackburne, Terrence & Thornock, Jacob, 2020. "Information flows among rivals and corporate investment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(3), pages 760-779.
- Liu, Keyan & Zhou, Jianan & Dong, Dayong, 2021. "Improving stock price prediction using the long short-term memory model combined with online social networks," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C).
- Xiangjun Hong & Xian Lin & Laitan Fang & Yuchen Gao & Ruipeng Li, 2022. "Application of Machine Learning Models for Predictions on Cross-Border Merger and Acquisition Decisions with ESG Characteristics from an Ecosystem and Sustainable Development Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-27, February.
- Christiane Goodfellow & Dirk Schiereck & Steffen Wippler, 2013. "Are behavioural finance equity funds a superior investment? A note on fund performance and market efficiency," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(2), pages 111-119, April.
- Manuel Ammann & Philipp Horsch & David Oesch, 2016.
"Competing with Superstars,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(10), pages 2842-2858, October.
- Ammann, Manuel & Horsch, Philipp & Oesch, David, 2015. "Competing with Superstars," Working Papers on Finance 1510, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Jan 2016.
- Constantinos Antoniou & John A. Doukas & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2016. "Investor Sentiment, Beta, and the Cost of Equity Capital," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 347-367, February.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2018-01-15 (China)
- NEP-PAY-2018-01-15 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-TRA-2018-01-15 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1801.00597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.