Block Sampling under Strong Dependence
The paper considers the block sampling method for long-range dependent processes. Our theory generalizes earlier ones by Hall, Jing and Lahiri (1998) on functionals of Gaussian processes and Nordman and Lahiri (2005) on linear processes. In particular, we allow nonlinear transforms of linear processes. Under suitable conditions on physical dependence measures, we prove the validity of the block sampling method. The problem of estimating the self-similar index is also studied.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Granger, Clive W.J., 2000.
"Properties of Nonlinear Transformations of Fractionally Integrated Processes,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt0kk9x0mc, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Granger, Clive W. J., 2002. "Properties of nonlinear transformations of fractionally integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 113-133, October.
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Granger, Clive W. J., 2000. "Properties of nonlinear transformations of fractionally integrated processes," Technical Reports 2000,25, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Clifford Hurvich & Eric Moulines & Philippe Soulier, 2004.
"Estimating Long Memory in Volatility,"
- Wu, Wei Biao, 2006. "Unit Root Testing For Functionals Of Linear Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 1-14, February.
- Lahiri, S. N., 1993. "On the moving block bootstrap under long range dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 405-413, December.
- Chung, Ching-Fan, 2002. "Sample Means, Sample Autocovariances, And Linear Regression Of Stationary Multivariate Long Memory Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 51-78, February.
- Nordman, Daniel J. & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005. "Validity Of The Sampling Window Method For Long-Range Dependent Linear Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 1087-1111, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1312.5807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.