Block Sampling under Strong Dependence
The paper considers the block sampling method for long-range dependent processes. Our theory generalizes earlier ones by Hall, Jing and Lahiri (1998) on functionals of Gaussian processes and Nordman and Lahiri (2005) on linear processes. In particular, we allow nonlinear transforms of linear processes. Under suitable conditions on physical dependence measures, we prove the validity of the block sampling method. The problem of estimating the self-similar index is also studied.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wu, Wei Biao, 2006. "Unit Root Testing For Functionals Of Linear Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 1-14, February.
- Lahiri, S. N., 1993. "On the moving block bootstrap under long range dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 405-413, December.
- Clifford Hurvich & Eric Moulines & Philippe Soulier, 2004.
"Estimating Long Memory in Volatility,"
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Granger, Clive W. J., 2002.
"Properties of nonlinear transformations of fractionally integrated processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 113-133, October.
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Granger, Clive W. J., 2000. "Properties of nonlinear transformations of fractionally integrated processes," Technical Reports 2000,25, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Granger, Clive W.J., 2000. "Properties of Nonlinear Transformations of Fractionally Integrated Processes," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt0kk9x0mc, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Chung, Ching-Fan, 2002. "Sample Means, Sample Autocovariances, And Linear Regression Of Stationary Multivariate Long Memory Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 51-78, February.
- Nordman, Daniel J. & Lahiri, Soumendra N., 2005. "Validity Of The Sampling Window Method For Long-Range Dependent Linear Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 1087-1111, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1312.5807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.