Optimal Liquidation in a Finite Time Regime Switching Model with Permanent and Temporary Pricing Impact
In this paper we discuss the optimal liquidation over a finite time horizon until the exit time. The drift and diffusion terms of the asset price are general functions depending on all variables including control and market regime. There is also a local nonlinear transaction cost associated to the liquidation. The model deals with both the permanent impact and the temporary impact in a regime switching framework. The problem can be solved with the dynamic programming principle. The optimal value function is the unique continuous viscosity solution to the HJB equation and can be computed with the finite difference method.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Gassiat & Fausto Gozzi & Huyen Pham, 2011.
"Investment/consumption problem in illiquid markets with regimes switching,"
- Paul Gassiat & Fausto Gozzi & Huy\^en Pham, 2011. "Investment/consumption problem in illiquid markets with regime-switching," Papers 1107.4210, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Pemy, M. & Zhang, Q. & Yin, G., 2007. "Liquidation of a large block of stock," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1295-1305, May.
- Jouini, Elyes, 2000. "Price functionals with bid-ask spreads: an axiomatic approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 547-558, December.
- Umut Çetin & Robert A. Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2008. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 8, pages 153-183 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Umut Çetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2004. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 311-341, 08.
- Jaksa Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "HEDGING AND PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION UNDER TRANSACTION COSTS: A MARTINGALE APPROACH-super-2," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165.
- Moustapha Pemy & Qing Zhang & G. George Yin, 2008. "Liquidation Of A Large Block Of Stock With Regime Switching," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 629-648. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1212.3145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.