Modeling liquidity effects in discrete time
We study optimal portfolio choices for an agent with the aim of maximising utility from terminal wealth within a market with liquidity costs. Under some mild conditions, we show the existence of optimal portfolios and that the marginal utility of the optimal terminal wealth serves as a change of measure to turn the marginal price process of the optimal strategy into a martingale. Finally, we illustrate our results numerically in a Cox-Ross-Rubinstein binomial model with liquidity costs and find the reservation ask prices for simple European put options.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Mathematical Finance, January, 2007, 17(1), pp. 15-29. ISSN: 0960-1627|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: LSE Library Portugal Street London, WC2A 2HD, U.K.|
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1998.
"On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 67-84.
- Domenico Cuoco & Jaksa Cvitanic, "undated".
"Optimal Consumption Choices for a "Large" Investor,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
04-96, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Cuoco, Domenico & Cvitanic, Jaksa, 1998. "Optimal consumption choices for a 'large' investor," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 401-436, March.
- Domenico Cuoco & Jaksa Cvitanic, "undated". "Optimal Consumption Choices for a "Large" Investor," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 4-96, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Umut Çetin & Robert A. Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2008.
"Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 8, pages 153-183
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- RØdiger Frey, 1998. "Perfect option hedging for a large trader," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 115-141.
- Rüdiger Frey & Alexander Stremme, 1997. "Market Volatility and Feedback Effects from Dynamic Hedging," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 351-374.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:2844. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.