A model for a large investor trading at market indifference prices. I: single-period case
We develop a single-period model for a large economic agent who trades with market makers at their utility indifference prices. A key role is played by a pair of conjugate saddle functions associated with the description of Pareto optimal allocations in terms of the utility function of a representative market maker.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in (2015) Finance and Stochastics, Volume 19, Issue 2, Pages 449-472|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Milgrom & Ilya Segal, 2002. "Envelope Theorems for Arbitrary Choice Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 583-601, March.
- Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1998.
"On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 67-84.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Merton H. Miller, 1988.
"Liquidity and Market Structure,"
NBER Working Papers
2641, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans R. Stoll, .
"The Supply of Dealer Services in Securities Markets,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
2-78, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1978. "The Supply of Dealer Services in Securities Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1133-51, September.
- Hans R. Stoll, . "The Supply of Dealer Services in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-78, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983.
"Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders,"
570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985. "Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Schied, Alexander & Schoeneborn, Torsten, 2008.
"Risk aversion and the dynamics of optimal liquidation strategies in illiquid markets,"
7105, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander Schied & Torsten Schöneborn, 2009. "Risk aversion and the dynamics of optimal liquidation strategies in illiquid markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 181-204, April.
- Peter Bank & Dietmar Baum, 2004. "Hedging and Portfolio Optimization in Financial Markets with a Large Trader," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 1-18.
- Garleanu, Nicolae Bogdan & Pedersen, Lasse Heje & Poteshman, Allen M, 2005.
"Demand-Based Option Pricing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- U. �etin & R. Jarrow & P. Protter & M. Warachka, 2006. "Pricing Options in an Extended Black Scholes Economy with Illiquidity: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(2), pages 493-529.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Umut Çetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter, 2004. "Liquidity risk and arbitrage pricing theory," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 311-341, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1110.3224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.