Network structure of inter-industry flows
We study the structure of inter-industry relationships using networks of money flows between industries in 20 national economies. We find these networks vary around a typical structure characterized by a Weibull link weight distribution, exponential industry size distribution, and a common community structure. The community structure is hierarchical, with the top level of the hierarchy comprising five industry communities: food industries, chemical industries, manufacturing industries, service industries, and extraction industries.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fidel Aroche-Reyes, 2003.
"A qualitative input-output method to find basic economic structures,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 581-590, November.
- Fidel Aroche-Reyes, 2003. "A qualitative input-output method to find basic economic structures," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 581-590, November.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521739023 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521602679 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vasco Carvalho, 2007.
"Aggregate fluctuations and the network structure of intersectoral trade,"
Economics Working Papers
1206, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2010.
- Vasco M Carvalho, 2008. "Aggregate Fluctuations and the Network Structure of Intersectoral Trade," 2008 Meeting Papers 1062, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521517133 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1204.4122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.