Hedging and production decisions under uncertainty: A survey
This paper synthesizes and analyzes some important current and recent contributions to the theory of the firm under uncertainty. In so doing, it examines the production and hedging decisions of the competitive firm under a single source and multiple sources of uncertainty.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark J Machina, 1982.
""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7650, David K. Levine.
- Machina, Mark J, 1982. ""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 277-323, March.
- Holthausen, Duncan M, 1979. "Hedging and the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 989-95, December.
- repec:knz:cofedp:0305 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Quiggin, 2003. "Background risk in generalized expected utility theory," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 607-611, October.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2007. "Input hedging: generalizations," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 309-312, May.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2003. "Cost uncertainty with multiple variable inputs," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(3), pages 290-290, September.
- Paroush, Jacob & Wolf, Avner, 1992. "The Derived Demand with Hedging Cost Uncertainty in the Futures Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 831-44, July.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2003. "Input Demand under Multiple Uncertainty," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200304, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2006. "A note on output hedging with cost uncertainty," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 387-389.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2006. "Hedging decisions with price and output uncertainty," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 225-227, March.
- Moavia Alghalith, 2002. "The Derived Demand with Hedging Cost Uncertainty in the Futures Markets: Note and Extensions," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0210, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Viaene, Jean-Marie & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1998. "The Behavior of Competitive Exporting Firms under Multiple Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 591-609, August.
- Alghalith, Moawia, 2006. "A note on hedging cost and basis risks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 534-537, May.
- Pratt, John W, 1988. " Aversion to One Risk in the Presence of Others," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 395-413, December.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-23, September.
- Franke, Günter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2002.
"Multiplicative background risk,"
Discussion Papers, various Research Units
FS IV 02-06, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk," Staff General Research Papers 10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1983. "Hedger Diversity in Futures Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 370-89, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0810.0917. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.