The impact of background risk
In this paper, we introduce an incomplete-market dynamic investment model with a correlated background risk. In so doing, we show the impact of background risk on the investment decisions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 391 (2012)
Issue (Month): 24 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2003.
"Multiplicative Background Risk,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
03-05, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- John Quiggin, 2003. "Background risk in generalized expected utility theory," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(3), pages 607-611, October.
- Li, Jingyuan, 2011. "The demand for a risky asset in the presence of a background risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 372-391, January.
- Buly A Cardak & Roger K. Wilkins, 2008.
"The Determinants of Household Risky Asset Holdings: Australian Evidence on Background Risk and Other Factors#,"
2008.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Cardak, Buly A. & Wilkins, Roger, 2009. "The determinants of household risky asset holdings: Australian evidence on background risk and other factors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 850-860, May.
- Buly A Cardak & Roger K. Wilkins, 2008. "The Determinants of Household Risky Asset Holdings: Australian Evidence on Background Risk and Other Factors#," Working Papers 2008.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2007.
"Efficient Portfolios when Housing Needs Change over the Life-Cycle,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0037, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Pelizzon, Loriana & Weber, Guglielmo, 2009. "Efficient portfolios when housing needs change over the life cycle," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2110-2121, November.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2007. "Efficient Portfolios when Housing Needs Change over the Life-Cycle," Working Papers 2007_31, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2011.
"Risk Taking with Additive and Multiplicative Background Risks,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2011-25, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Franke, Guenter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2011. "Risk taking with additive and multiplicative background risks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(4), pages 1547-1568, July.
- Baptista, Alexandre M., 2008. "Optimal delegated portfolio management with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 977-985, June.
- Jaksa Cvitanic & Fernando Zapatero, 2004. "Introduction to the Economics and Mathematics of Financial Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532654.
- Jiang, Chonghui & Ma, Yongkai & An, Yunbi, 2010. "An analysis of portfolio selection with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3055-3060, December.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-1123, September.
- Pratt, John W, 1988. "Aversion to One Risk in the Presence of Others," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 395-413, December.
- Fan, Elliott & Zhao, Ruoyun, 2009. "Health status and portfolio choice: Causality or heterogeneity?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1079-1088, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:391:y:2012:i:24:p:6506-6508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.