An analysis of portfolio selection with multiplicative background risk
This paper investigates the impact of multiplicative background risk on an investor's portfolio choice in a mean-variance framework. We also study the efficient boundary frontiers with and without risk-free security.
|Date of creation:||08 Nov 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2003. "Variance Vulnerability, Background Risks, and Mean-Variance Preferences," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(2), pages 173-184, December.
- Fatma Lajeri-Chaherli, 2002. "More on Properness: The Case of Mean-Variance Preferences," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(1), pages 49-60, June.
- Chiaki Hara & James Huang & Christoph Kuzmics, 2008.
"Effects of Background Risks on Cautiousness with an Application to a Portfolio Choice Problem,"
KIER Working Papers
654, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Hara, Chiaki & Huang, James & Kuzmics, Christoph, 2011. "Effects of background risks on cautiousness with an application to a portfolio choice problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 346-358, January.
- Hara, Chiaki & Huang, James & Kuzmics, Christoph, 2008. "Effects of Background Risks on Cautiousness with an Application to a Portfolio Choice Problem," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 368, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2011.
"Risk Taking with Additive and Multiplicative Background Risks,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2011-25, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Franke, Guenter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2011. "Risk taking with additive and multiplicative background risks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(4), pages 1547-1568, July.
- Baptista, Alexandre M., 2012. "Portfolio selection with mental accounts and background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 968-980.
- Franke, Günter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2002.
"Multiplicative background risk,"
Discussion Papers, various Research Units
FS IV 02-06, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-89, May.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," Working Papers 005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-23, September.
- Ilia Tsetlin & Robert L. Winkler, 2005. "Risky Choices and Correlated Background Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(9), pages 1336-1345, September.
- Heaton, John & Lucas, Deborah, 2000. "Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Background Risk," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 1-26, January.
- Li, Jingyuan, 2011. "The demand for a risky asset in the presence of a background risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 372-391, January.
- Merton, Robert C., 1972. "An Analytic Derivation of the Efficient Portfolio Frontier," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 1851-1872, September.
- Baptista, Alexandre M., 2008. "Optimal delegated portfolio management with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 977-985, June.
- Fatma Lajeri-Chaherli, 2004. "Proper and Standard Risk Aversion in Two-Moment Decision Models," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 213-225, November.
- Wagener, Andreas, 2002. "Prudence and risk vulnerability in two-moment decision models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 229-235, January.
- Sévi, Benoît, 2010. "The newsvendor problem under multiplicative background risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(3), pages 918-923, February.
- Jiang, Chonghui & Ma, Yongkai & An, Yunbi, 2010. "An analysis of portfolio selection with background risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3055-3060, December.
- Thomas Eichner, 2008. "Mean Variance Vulnerability," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(3), pages 586-593, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.