A note on the Hiemstra-Jones test for Granger non-causality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Diks Cees & Panchenko Valentyn, 2005. "A Note on the Hiemstra-Jones Test for Granger Non-causality," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-9, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Okunev, John & Wilson, Patrick & Zurbruegg, Ralf, 2002. "Relationships between Australian Real Estate and Stock Market Prices--A Case of Market Inefficiency," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 181-192, April.
- Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T., 2000.
"Linear and non-linear transmission of equity return volatility: evidence from the US, Japan and Australia,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 497-513, December.
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T., 1999. "Linear and Non-Linear Transmission of Equity Return Volatility: Evidence From the US, Japan, and Australia," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 676, The University of Melbourne.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Hiemstra, Craig & Jones, Jonathan D, 1994. "Testing for Linear and Nonlinear Granger Causality in the Stock Price-Volume Relation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1639-1664, December.
- Abhay Abhyankar, 1998. "Linear and nonlinear Granger causality: Evidence from the U.K. stock index futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 519-540, August.
- Asimakopoulos, Ioannis & Ayling, David & Mansor Mahmood, Wan, 2000. "Non-linear Granger causality in the currency futures returns," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 25-30, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Piotr Gurgul & Robert Syrek, 2013. "Testing of Dependencies between Stock Returns and Trading Volume by High Frequency Data," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 11(4 (Winter), pages 353-373.
- Kumar, Satish, 2017. "On the nonlinear relation between crude oil and gold," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 219-224.
- Ishanu Chattopadhyay, 2014. "Causality Networks," Papers 1406.6651, arXiv.org.
- Henryk Gurgul & Łukasz Lach, 2009. "Linear versus nonlinear causality for DAX companies," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 19(3), pages 27-46.
- Cook, Steven, 2008. "Further analysis of spurious causality," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 647-651.
- Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Cakan, Esin, 2007. "Non-linear dynamic linkages in the international stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 377(1), pages 173-180.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2010. "The causal link between Polish stock market and key macroeconomic aggregates," MPRA Paper 52250, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Sivarajasingham, Selliah, 2008. "Parametric and nonparametric Granger causality testing: Linkages between international stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(11), pages 2547-2560.
- Torun, Erdost & Chang, Tzu-Pu & Chou, Ray Y., 2020. "Causal relationship between spot and futures prices with multiple time horizons: A nonparametric wavelet Granger causality test," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Kumar, Satish, 2019. "Asymmetric impact of oil prices on exchange rate and stock prices," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 41-51.
- Nishiyama, Yoshihiko & Hitomi, Kohtaro & Kawasaki, Yoshinori & Jeong, Kiho, 2011. "A consistent nonparametric test for nonlinear causality—Specification in time series regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 112-127.
- Ren, Weijie & Li, Baisong & Han, Min, 2020. "A novel Granger causality method based on HSIC-Lasso for revealing nonlinear relationship between multivariate time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 541(C).
- Liow, Kim Hiang & Huang, Yuting, 2018. "The dynamics of volatility connectedness in international real estate investment trusts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 195-210.
- Xiaojuan He & Dervis Kirikkaleli & Melike Torun & Zecheng Li, 2021. "Modeling Economic Risk in the QISMUT Countries: Evidence From Nonlinear Cointegration Tests," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(4), pages 21582440211, October.
- Wang, Zijun & Qian, Yan & Wang, Shiwen, 2018. "Dynamic trading volume and stock return relation: Does it hold out of sample?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 195-210.
- Jeng-Bau Lin & Chin-Chia Liang & Wei Tsai, 2019. "Nonlinear Relationships between Oil Prices and Implied Volatilities: Providing More Valuable Information," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(14), pages 1-15, July.
- Francis, Bill B. & Mougoué, Mbodja & Panchenko, Valentyn, 2010. "Is there a symmetric nonlinear causal relationship between large and small firms?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Henryk Gurgul & Roland Mestel & Robert Syrek, 2008. "Polish Stock Market and some foreign markets - dependence analysis by copulas," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 18(2), pages 17-35.
- David McMillan & Alan Speight, 2002. "Return-volume dynamics in UK futures," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(10), pages 707-713.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Ýsmail H. Gençb, 2016.
"The links between crude oil prices and GCC stock markets: Evidence from time-varying Granger causality tests,"
15-30, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Balcilar & İsmail H. Genç & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "The Links between Crude Oil Prices and GCC Stock Markets: Evidence from Time-Varying Granger Causality Tests," Working Papers 201644, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ams:ndfwpp:04-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cnuvanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Cees C.G. Diks (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cnuvanl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.