A note on the Hiemstra-Jones test for Granger non-causality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Diks Cees & Panchenko Valentyn, 2005. "A Note on the Hiemstra-Jones Test for Granger Non-causality," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 1-9, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Okunev, John & Wilson, Patrick & Zurbruegg, Ralf, 2002. "Relationships between Australian Real Estate and Stock Market Prices--A Case of Market Inefficiency," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 181-192, April.
- Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T., 2000.
"Linear and non-linear transmission of equity return volatility: evidence from the US, Japan and Australia,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 497-513, December.
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T., 1999. "Linear and Non-Linear Transmission of Equity Return Volatility: Evidence From the US, Japan, and Australia," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 676, The University of Melbourne.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Hiemstra, Craig & Jones, Jonathan D, 1994. "Testing for Linear and Nonlinear Granger Causality in the Stock Price-Volume Relation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1639-1664, December.
- Abhay Abhyankar, 1998. "Linear and nonlinear Granger causality: Evidence from the U.K. stock index futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 519-540, August.
- Asimakopoulos, Ioannis & Ayling, David & Mansor Mahmood, Wan, 2000. "Non-linear Granger causality in the currency futures returns," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 25-30, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Cakan, Esin, 2007. "Non-linear dynamic linkages in the international stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 377(1), pages 173-180.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2010. "The causal link between Polish stock market and key macroeconomic aggregates," MPRA Paper 52250, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piotr Gurgul & Robert Syrek, 2013. "Testing of Dependencies between Stock Returns and Trading Volume by High Frequency Data," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 11(4 (Winter), pages 353-373.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Séverine Vandelanoite, 2000. "Intraday relations between CAC 40 cash index and CAC 40 index options [Relations intrajournalières entre l'indice CAC 40 et les options sur indice. Quel est le marché préféré des investisseurs info," Post-Print halshs-03727911, HAL.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Sivarajasingham, Selliah, 2008. "Parametric and nonparametric Granger causality testing: Linkages between international stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(11), pages 2547-2560.
- Kumar, Satish, 2017. "On the nonlinear relation between crude oil and gold," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 219-224.
- Torun, Erdost & Chang, Tzu-Pu & Chou, Ray Y., 2020. "Causal relationship between spot and futures prices with multiple time horizons: A nonparametric wavelet Granger causality test," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Ishanu Chattopadhyay, 2014. "Causality Networks," Papers 1406.6651, arXiv.org.
- Henryk Gurgul & Łukasz Lach, 2009. "Linear versus nonlinear causality for DAX companies," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 19(3), pages 27-46.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Séverine Vandelanoite, 2000. "Intraday relations between CAC 40 cash index and CAC 40 index options [Relations intrajournalières entre l'indice CAC 40 et les options sur indice. Quel est le marché préféré des investisseurs info," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-03727911, HAL.
- Kumar, Satish, 2019. "Asymmetric impact of oil prices on exchange rate and stock prices," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 41-51.
- Cook, Steven, 2008. "Further analysis of spurious causality," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 647-651.
- Angeliki Papana & Catherine Kyrtsou & Dimitris Kugiumtzis & Cees Diks, 2016. "Detecting Causality in Non-stationary Time Series Using Partial Symbolic Transfer Entropy: Evidence in Financial Data," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 47(3), pages 341-365, March.
- Mishra, Bibhuti Ranjan & Pradhan, Ashis Kumar & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2019. "The dynamic causality between gold and silver prices in India: Evidence using time-varying and non-linear approaches," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 66-76.
- Nishiyama, Yoshihiko & Hitomi, Kohtaro & Kawasaki, Yoshinori & Jeong, Kiho, 2011. "A consistent nonparametric test for nonlinear causality—Specification in time series regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 112-127.
- Maria Pempetzoglou, 2014. "Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth: A Linear and Nonlinear Causality Investigation for Turkey," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 263-273.
- Bekiros, Stelios D., 2014.
"Exchange rates and fundamentals: Co-movement, long-run relationships and short-run dynamics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 117-134.
- Stelios Bekiros, 2011. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals: Co-Movement, Long-Run Relationships and Short-run Dynamics," Economics Working Papers ECO2011/21, European University Institute.
- Ren, Weijie & Li, Baisong & Han, Min, 2020. "A novel Granger causality method based on HSIC-Lasso for revealing nonlinear relationship between multivariate time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 541(C).
- Liow, Kim Hiang & Huang, Yuting, 2018. "The dynamics of volatility connectedness in international real estate investment trusts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 195-210.
- Ari, Ibrahim & Akkas, Erhan & Asutay, Mehmet & Koç, Muammer, 2019. "Public and private investment in the hydrocarbon-based rentier economies: A case study for the GCC countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 165-175.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ams:ndfwpp:04-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cnuvanl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Cees C.G. Diks (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cnuvanl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.