U.S. Foreign Direct Investment in the Western Hemisphere Processed Food Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Markusen, James R., 1983. "Factor movements and commodity trade as complements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 341-356, May.
- Burfisher, Mary & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 1992. "Agricultural and food policies in a United States-Mexico free trade area," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 117-139.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doan, Darcie & Goldstein, Andrew & Zahniser, Steven & Vollrath, Thomas L. & Bolling, H. Christine, 2004. "North American Integration In Agriculture: A Survey Paper," North American Agrifood Integration: Situation and Perspectives, May 2004, Cancun, Mexico 16730, Farm Foundation.
- Carter, Colin A. & Yilmaz, Alper, 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment (Fdi) And Trade - Substitutes And Complements? An Application To The Processed Food Industry," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21665, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Somwaru, Agapi & Bolling, H. Christine, 1999. "U.S. Foreign Direct Investment And Trade: Substitutes Or Complements? The Case Of The Food Processing Industry," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21715, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kim, Sounghun, 2008. "Market Concentration of the Processed Food in Korea," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 31(5), November.
- Yilmaz, Alper, 1999. "Host Country Welfare Effects Of Foreign Direct Investment (Fdi) And Imports: An Application To The Processed Food Industry," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21585, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wilson, Norbert L.W., 2006. "Linkages amongst Foreign Direct Investment, Trade and Trade Policy: An Economic Analysis with Applications to the Food Sector," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21064, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Colyer, Dale, 2002. "Environmental Impacts Of Agricultural Trade Under Nafta," Conference Papers 19104, West Virginia University, Department of Agricultural Resource Economics.
- Sparling, David & Cook, Roberta L., 2000. "Strategic Alliances And Joint Ventures Under Nafta: Concepts And Evidence," Policy Harmonization and Adjustment in the North American Agricultural and Food Industry; Proceedings of the 5th Agricultural and Food Policy - 1999 16778, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Makki, Shiva S. & Somwaru, Agapi & Bolling, H. Christine, 2004. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in the Food-Processing Industry: A Comparative Analysis of Developed and Developing Economies," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 35(03), November.
- John Wilkinson, 2004. "The Food Processing Industry, Globalization and Developing Countries," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 1(2), pages 184-201.
More about this item
KeywordsU.S. food processing industry; Western Hemisphere; foreign trade; foreign direct investment; Agribusiness; International Relations/Trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uerser:34017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .