Broiler Farms' Organization, Management, and Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles R. Knoeber & Walter N. Thurman, 1995. ""Don't Count Your Chickens...": Risk and Risk Shifting in the Broiler Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 486-496.
- Paul, Allen B., 1974. "The Role of Competitive Market Institutions," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poray, Michael C. & Gray, Allan W. & Boehlje, Michael & Preckel, Paul V., 2003. "Evaluation of Alternative Coordination Systems Between Producers and Packers in the Pork Value Chain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 6(02).
- Elanor Starmer, Aimee Witteman and Timothy A. Wise, "undated". "06-03 "Feeding the Factory Farm: Implicit Subsidies to the Broiler Chicken Industry"," GDAE Working Papers 06-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- repec:oup:revage:v:27:y:2005:i:1:p:49-69. is not listed on IDEAS
- Zahniser, Steven & Hoppe, Robert A. & Johnson, James D. & Banker, David E., 2002. "Structural Change In An Era Of Increased Openness: A Background Paper On The Structure Of U.S. Agriculture," Structural Change as a Source of Trade Disputes Under NAFTA; Proceedings of the 7th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2001 16872, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Ahearn, Mary Clare & Korb, Penelope J. & Banker, David E., 2005. "Industrialization and Contracting in U.S. Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(02), August.
- Hueth, Brent & Ligon, Ethan & Dimitri, Carolyn, 2007. "AJAE Appendix: Agricultural Contracts: Data and Research Needs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), December.
- Wang, Yanguo & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2004. "Static And Dynamic Efficiency Of Pooled Broiler Contracts: Relative-Performance Contracts Vs. Fixed-Performance Contracts," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20406, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sureshwaran, Suresh & House, Lisa & Hanks, Gwen & Little, Randall D., 2001. "Carolina Golden Products," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 32(02), July.
- Deepananda P. Herath & Alfons J. Weersink & Chantal L. Carpentier, 2005.
"Spatial and Temporal Changes in the U.S. Hog, Dairy, and Fed-Cattle Sectors, 1975–2000,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 49-69.
- Deepananda P. Herath & Alfons J. Weersink & Chantal L. Carpentier, 2005. "Spatial and Temporal Changes in the U.S. Hog, Dairy, and Fed-Cattle Sectors, 1975–2000," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 49-69.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2001. "Cash Market Or Contract? How Technology And Consumer Demand Influence The Decision," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20723, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Young, Linda M. & Hobbs, Jill E., 2000. "Public Policy Responses To Increased Vertical Linkages In Agri-Food Supply Chains," Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers 29237, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Hegde, S. Aaron & Vukina, Tomislav, 2003. "Risk Sharing in Broiler Contracts: A Welfare Comparison of Payment Mechanisms," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22171, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordscontracting; broilers; poultry; farm characteristics; farm income; farm operator characteristics; risk management strategies; Livestock Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersab:33739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.