Was the French Franc Crisis a Sunspot Equilibrium?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Olivier Jeanne and Paul Masson., 1997. "Was the French Franc Crisis a Sunspot Equilibrium?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C97-095, University of California at Berkeley.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Alan, 1992.
"Multiple equilibria in the British labour market : Some empirical evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1333-1365, October.
- Manning, Alan, 1991. "Multiple Equilibria in the British Labour Market: Some Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ozkan, F Gulcin & Sutherland, Alan, 1995. "Policy Measures to Avoid a Currency Crisis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 510-519, March.
- Bensaid, Bernard & Jeanne, Olivier, 1997.
"The instability of fixed exchange rate systems when raising the nominal interest rate is costly,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1461-1478, August.
- Bensaid, B.B. & Jeanne, O., 1995. "The Instability of Fixed Exchange Rate Systems when Raising the Nominal Interest Rate is Costly," Papers 9536, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Flood, Robert P & Garber, Peter M, 1984.
"Gold Monetization and Gold Discipline,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 90-107, February.
- Robert P. Flood & Peter M. Garber, 1980. "Gold Monetization and Gold Discipline," NBER Working Papers 0544, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert P. Flood & Peter M. Garber, 1981. "Gold monetization and gold discipline," International Finance Discussion Papers 190, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Farmer Roger E. A. & Guo Jang-Ting, 1994.
"Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 42-72, June.
- Roger E.A. Farmer & Jang Ting Guo, 1992. "Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis," UCLA Economics Working Papers 680, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1981. "Flexible Exchange Rates, Prices, and the Role of "News": Lessons from the 1970s," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 665-705, August.
- Velasco, Andres, 1996. "Fixed exchange rates: Credibility, flexibility and multiplicity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1023-1035, April.
- Woodford, Michael, 1987. "Three Questions about Sunspot Equilibria as an Explanation of Economic Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 93-98, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weber, Axel A., 1997. "Sources of Currency Crisis: An Empirical Analysis," Discussion Paper Serie B 418, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Barry Eichengreen & Olivier Jeanne, 2000.
"Currency Crisis and Unemployment: Sterling in 1931,"
NBER Chapters,in: Currency Crises, pages 7-43
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Olivier Jeanne, 1998. "Currency Crisis and Unemployment: Sterling in 1931," NBER Working Papers 6563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Jeanne, Olivier, 1998. "Currency Crisis and Unemployment: Sterling in 1931," CEPR Discussion Papers 1898, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Árvai, Zsófia & Vincze, János, 1998.
"Valuták sebezhetősége pénzügyi válságok a kilencvenes években
[Vulnerability of currencies financial crises in the nineties]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 509-533.
- Jesper Rangvid, 1997. "Deviations from long-run equilibria and probabilities of devaluations: An empirical analysis of Danish realignments," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(3), pages 497-522, September.
- Axel A. Weber, 1998. "Sources of Currency Crises: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 25, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Roger Craine, 2001. "Dollarization: An Irreversible Decision," International Finance 0103003, EconWPA.
- Craine, Roger, 2001. "Dollarization: An Irreversible Decision," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt404915zn, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Roger Craine, 1999. "Exchange Rate Regime Credibility, the Agency Cost of Capital and Devaluation," International Finance 9902002, EconWPA.
More about this item
Keywordscurrency crises; self-fulfilling speculation; European Monetary System; Financial Economics; F3; F4;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ucbewp:233613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debrkus.html .