The Unstable EMS
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-1176, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Tobing, Lutzardo, 2021. "Has tourism influenced Indonesia’s current account?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 225-237.
- Hwang, Chiun-Lin, 1989. "Optimal monetary policy in an open macroeconomic model with rational expectation," ISU General Staff Papers 1989010108000010197, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cho, Guedae & Kim, MinKyoung & Koo, Won W., 2003. "Relative Agricultural Price Changes In Different Time Horizons," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22249, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Guglielmo Caporale & Michael Chui & Stephen Hall & Brian Henry, 2003. "Evaluating the Gains to Cooperation in the G-3," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 337-356, December.
- Mohammed Umar & Jauhari Dahalan, 2016. "An Application of Asymmetric Toda–Yamamoto Causality on Exchange Rate-inflation Differentials in Emerging Economies," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 420-426.
- Menzies Gordon Douglas & Zizzo Daniel John, 2009.
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Gordon Â Menzies & Daniel John Zizzo, 2004. "Inferential Expectations," Economics Series Working Papers 187, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Gordon Menzies & Daniel John Zizzo, 2005. "Inferential Expectations," Research Paper Series 159, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gordon D. Menzies & Daniel John Zizzo, 2005. "Inferential Expectations," CAMA Working Papers 2005-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Miller, M. & Weller, P., 1988.
"Solving Stochastic Saddlepoint Systems: A Qualitative Treatment With Economic Applications,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
309, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Miller, Marcus & Weller, Paul, 1989. "Solving Stochastic Saddlepoint Systems: A Qualitative Treatment with Economic Applications," CEPR Discussion Papers 308, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Miller, Marcus & Weller, Paul, 1988. "Solving Stochastic Saddlepoint Systems: A Qualitative Treatment With Economic Applications," Economic Research Papers 268343, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Leland B. Yeager, 2000. "Exchange Rates between What Sorts of Currencies?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 20(1), Spring/Su.
- Tsomocos, Dimitrios P., 2008.
"Generic determinacy and money non-neutrality of international monetary equilibria,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 866-887, July.
- Dimitrios P Tsomocos, 2006. "Generic Determinacy and Money Non-Neutrality of International Monetary Equilibria," Economics Series Working Papers 2006-FE-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2006. "Generic Determinacy and Money Non-Neutrality of International Monetary Equilibria," OFRC Working Papers Series 2006fe07, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Thomas L. Vollrath & Mark J. Gehlhar & Charles B. Hallahan, 2009. "Bilateral Import Protection, Free Trade Agreements, and Other Factors Influencing Trade Flows in Agriculture and Clothing," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 298-317, June.
- Lothian, James R., 1997. "Multi-country evidence on the behavior of purchasing power parity under the current float," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 19-35, February.
- Felipe Morandé, 1986. "Volatilidad de los Tipos de Cambio y Contratos Traslapados," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 23(69), pages 229-237.
- Hany Eldemerdash & Hugh Metcalf & Sara Maioli, 2014. "Twin deficits: new evidence from a developing (oil vs. non-oil) countries’ perspective," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 825-851, November.
- Sutherland, Alan, 1995.
"Monetary and real shocks and the optimal target zone,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 161-172, January.
- Alan Sutherland, "undated". "Monetary and Real Shocks and the Optimal Target Zone," Discussion Papers 92/7, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Dal Bianco, Marcos & Camacho, Maximo & Perez Quiros, Gabriel, 2012.
"Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 377-396.
- Marcos dal Bianco & Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros, 2012. "Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals," Working Papers 1203, Banco de España.
- Maximo Camacho & Marcos Dal Bianco & Gabriel Perez Quiros, 2012. "Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals," Working Papers 1201, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Kiptui, Moses, 2015. "Sources of Exchange Rate Fluctuations in Kenya: The Relative Importance of Real and Nominal Shocks," MPRA Paper 61515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaebeom Kim & Masao Ogaki & Minseok Yang, 2007. "Structural Error Correction Models: A System Method for Linear Rational Expectations Models and an Application to an Exchange Rate Model," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 2057-2075, December.
- Niko Hauzenberger & Florian Huber, 2020.
"Model instability in predictive exchange rate regressions,"
Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(2), pages 168-186, March.
- Hauzenberger, Niko & Huber, Florian, 2018. "Model instability in predictive exchange rate regressions," Working Papers in Economics 2018-8, University of Salzburg.
- Hauzenberger, Niko & Huber, Florian, 2018. "Model instability in predictive exchange rate regressions," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 276, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Niko Hauzenberger & Florian Huber, 2018. "Model instability in predictive exchange rate regressions," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp276, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Niko Hauzenberger & Florian Huber, 2018. "Model instability in predictive exchange rate regressions," Papers 1811.08818, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2018.
- Ken Miyajima, 2013. "Foreign exchange intervention and expectation in emerging economies," BIS Working Papers 414, Bank for International Settlements.
- Nandwa, Boaz & Mohan, Ramesh, 2007. "A Monetary Approach to Exchange Rate Dynamics in Low-Income Countries: Evidence from Kenya," MPRA Paper 5581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsmacroeconomics; EMS; exchange rate; currency; Europe; monetary union;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:24:y:1993:i:1993-1:p:51-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.