Canadian Consumers' Preferences for Food Safety and Agricultural Environment Safety
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wuyang Hu, 2004. "Trading off health, environmental and genetic modification attributes in food," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 389-408, September.
- Rodolfo M. Nayga, 1996. "Sociodemographic Influences on Consumer Concern for Food Safety: The Case of Irradiation, Antibiotics, Hormones, and Pesticides," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 467-475.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zingg, Alexandra & Siegrist, Michael, 2012. "People’s willingness to eat meat from animals vaccinated against epidemics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 226-231.
- Violet Muringai & Ellen Goddard, 2018. "Trust and consumer risk perceptions regarding BSE and chronic wasting disease," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(2), pages 240-265, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bond, Craig A. & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bond, Jennifer Keeling, 2008. "What to Choose? The Value of Label Claims to Fresh Produce Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1-26.
- Danilo Bertoni & Daniele Cavicchioli & Franco Donzelli & Giovanni Ferrazzi & Dario G. Frisio & Roberto Pretolani & Elena Claire Ricci & Vera Ventura, 2018. "Recent Contributions of Agricultural Economics Research in the Field of Sustainable Development," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Koistinen, Laura & Pouta, Eija & Heikkila, Jaakko & Forsman-Hugg, Sari & Kotro, Jaana & Makela, Jarmo & Niva, M., 2011. "Impact of meat type, methods of production, fat content, price and carbon footprint information on meat choice," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114710, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Grace Melo & Gregory Colson & Octavio A. Ramirez, 2014.
"Hispanic American Opinions toward Immigration and Immigration Policy Reform Proposals,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 36(4), pages 604-622.
- Melo, Grace & Colson, Gregory J. & Ramirez, Octavio A., 2014. "Hispanic Immigrants' Opinions towards Immigration and Immigration Policy Reform," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170562, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Vellini, Nicolás Andrés & Lupín, Beatriz, 2021. "Aceptación de un sello de calidad hortícola. Una aplicación de tablas de contingencia a tres vías," Nülan. Deposited Documents 3498, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Chengyan Yue & Ben Campbell & Charles Hall & Bridget Behe & Jennifer Dennis & Hayk Khachatryan, 2016. "Consumer Preference for Sustainable Attributes in Plants: Evidence from Experimental Auctions," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 222-235, April.
- Jaakko Heikkilä & Jarkko K. Niemi & Katriina Heinola & Eero Liski & Sami Myyrä, 2016.
"Anything left for animal disease insurance? A choiceexperiment approach,"
Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 97(4), pages 237-249.
- Jaakko Heikkilä & Jarkko K. Niemi & Katriina Heinola & Eero Liski & Sami Myyrä, 2016. "Anything left for animal disease insurance? A choice experiment approach," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Springer, vol. 97(4), pages 237-249, December.
- Heikkilä, Jaakko & Niemi, Jarkko K. & Heinola, Katriina & Liski, Eero & Myyrä, Sami, . "Anything left for animal disease insurance? A choice experiment approach," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 97(4).
- Birol, Ekin & Kontoleon, Andreas & Smale, Melinda, 2006. "Combining revealed and stated preference methods to assess the private value of agrobiodiversity in Hungarian home gardens:," EPTD discussion papers 156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kaneko, Naoya & Chern, Wen S., 2006. "Identification of Consumer Segments and Its Implication on the Willingness-to-Pay Distribution: The Case of Demand for Non-Genetically Modified Vegetable Oil in the United States," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21194, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Heinola, Katriina, 2016. "Anything left for animal disease insurance? A choice experiment approach," 156th Seminar, October 4, 2016, Wageningen, The Netherlands 249985, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- He, Senhui & Fletcher, Stanley M. & Rimal, Arbindra, 2004. "Acceptance Of Irradiated Beef And Its Effect On Beef Consumption," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 35(1), pages 1-6, March.
- Melo, Tatiane F.N. & Vasconcellos, Klaus L.P. & Lemonte, Artur J., 2009. "Some restriction tests in a new class of regression models for proportions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(12), pages 3972-3979, October.
- Joan Costa-Font & Elias Mossialos, 2005. "Is dread of Genetically Modified food associated with the consumers' demand for information?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(14), pages 859-863.
- Birol, Ekin & Villalba, Eric Rayn & Smale, Melinda, 2009.
"Farmer preferences for milpa diversity and genetically modified maize in Mexico: a latent class approach,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 521-540, August.
- Birol, Ekin & Villalba, Eric Rayn & Smale, Melinda, 2007. "Farmer preferences for Milpa diversity and genetically modified maize in Mexico: A latent class approach," IFPRI discussion papers 726, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Michaelidou, Nina & Hassan, Louise M., 2010. "Modeling the factors affecting rural consumers' purchase of organic and free-range produce: A case study of consumers' from the Island of Arran in Scotland, UK," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 130-139, April.
- Agnes Emberger‐Klein & Marina Zapilko & Klaus Menrad, 2016. "Consumers’ Preference Heterogeneity for GM and Organic Food Products in Germany," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 203-221, April.
- Maples, Joshua G. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Peel, Derrell S., 2018. "Unintended consequences of the quest for increased efficiency in beef cattle: When bigger isn’t better," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 65-73.
- Ekin Birol & Sukanya Das, 2010. "Valuing the Environment in Developing Countries: Modeling the Impact of Distrust in Public Authorities’ Ability to Deliver on the Citizens’ Willingness to Pay for Improved Environmental Quality," Working Papers 2010-055, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Baker, Gregory A. & Burnham, Thomas A., 2001. "The Market For Genetically Modified Foods: Consumer Characteristics And Policy Implications," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 4(4), pages 1-10.
- Li, Ho-Shui & Houston, Jack E., 2001. "Factors Affecting Consumer Preferences For Major Food Markets In Taiwan," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 32(1), pages 1-13, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ualbnp:91557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/drualca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/drualca.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.