Demand System Analysis of the South Korean Beef Market with the Free Trade Demand Model
In this study a demand system analysis for beef in South Korea is constructed. A free trade demand system was used in which the economic welfare of market participants are maximized. Recognizing implicit discrimination about non-locally sourced beef products, this study deduces market demand equations with respect to consumer preference in order to identify the marginal effect of change consumer preference has on market demand.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Shi, Hongqi & Wahl, Thomas I., 1996. "Accounting For Aggregation Bias In Almost Ideal Demand Systems," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- McGuirk, Anya M. & Driscoll, Paul J. & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Huang, Huilin, 1995. "System Misspecification Testing And Structural Change In The Demand For Meats," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Kinnucan, Henry W. & Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Venkateswaran, Meenakshi, 1993. "Generic Advertising Wearout," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(03), December.
- John D. Jackson, 1997. "Effects of Health Information and Generic Advertising on U.S. Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 13-23.
- Kuo S. Huang, 1996. "A Further Look at Flexibilities and Elasticities: Reply," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1130-1131.
- James Eales, 1996. "A Further Look at Flexibilities and Elasticities: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1125-1129.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.