Price Sensitivities for U.S. Frozen Dairy Products
Price elasticities and flexibilities for frozen dessert products were estimated from weekly scanner data, with emphasis on functional form selection, system misspecification testing, and endogeneity testing. Reciprocals of elasticities and elasticity matrix inversion were invalid means of obtaining flexibility estimates, leaving direct estimation as the only viable, albeit resource-intensive, approach.
Volume (Year): 35 (2003)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Mark G. & Behr, Robert M. & Lee, Jonq-Ying, 1994. "Conditional Demand And Endogeneity? A Case Study Of Demand For Juice Products," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Brown, Mark G & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Seale, James L, Jr, 1995. "A Family of Inverse Demand Systems and Choice of Functional Form," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 519-30.
- Richard J. Sexton, 2000. "Industrialization and Consolidation in the U.S. Food Sector: Implications for Competition and Welfare," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1087-1104.
- Schroeter, John R, 1988.
"Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 158-62, February.
- Schroeter, John R., 1988. "Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry," Staff General Research Papers 11114, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kuo S. Huang, 1996. "A Further Look at Flexibilities and Elasticities: Reply," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1130-1131.
- Brown, Mark G. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Seale, James L., Jr., 1994. "Demand Relationships Among Juice Beverages: A Differential Demand System Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Maynard, Leigh J. & Liu, Deyu, 1999. "Fragility In Dairy Product Demand Analysis," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21679, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- James Eales, 1996. "A Further Look at Flexibilities and Elasticities: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1125-1129.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:43194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.