Beyond The Model Specification Problem: Model And Parameter Averaging Using Bayesian Techniques
The model specification problem is perhaps the Achilles heel of applied econometrics. Rather than test down to a single model as is usually done, we estimate 72 different demand systems and use Bayesian averaging procedures over all 72 systems to generate meta estimates of the parameters (e.g., elasticities) of interest.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McGuirk, Anya M. & Driscoll, Paul J. & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Huang, Huilin, 1995. "System Misspecification Testing And Structural Change In The Demand For Meats," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Kinnucan, Henry W. & Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Venkateswaran, Meenakshi, 1993. "Generic Advertising Wearout," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 61(03), December.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 1998.
"Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging,"
ESE Discussion Papers
26, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 1998. "Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging," ESE Discussion Papers 66, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F.J. Steel, 1998. "Benchmark Priors for Bayesian Model Averaging," Econometrics 9804001, EconWPA, revised 31 Jul 1999.
- Carmen Fernández & Eduardo Ley & Mark F. J. Steel, . "Benchmark priors for Bayesian Model averaging," Working Papers 98-06, FEDEA.
- Neves, Pedro Duarte, 1994. "A class of differential demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 83-86.
- Koop, Gary, 1999. "Bayesian Analysis, Computation and Communication Software," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 677-89, Nov.-Dec..
- John D. Jackson, 1997. "Effects of Health Information and Generic Advertising on U.S. Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 13-23.
- William J. McCausland, 2004.
"Using the BACC Software for Bayesian Inference,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 201-218, 04.
- Davis, George C., 1997. "The Formal Logic Of Testing Structural Change In Meat Demand: A Methodological Analysis," Faculty Paper Series 23975, Texas A&M University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.