An Overview of U.S. Farm Real Estate Markets
This paper offers an overview of U.S. farm real estate markets. Major uses of land, location of farm real estate, and ownership patterns are summarized. Characteristics of participants in farm real markets are reviewed. Farm real estate values and rents examined, and factors affecting farm real estate values are reviewed, including the effects of conversion of farm real estate to other uses. Finally, historic returns to farmland owners are summarized.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2120 Fyffe Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1099|
Web page: http://www-agecon.ag.ohio-state.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamer Isgin & D. Lynn Forster, 2006. "A Hedonic Price Analysis of Farmland Option Premiums Under Urban Influences," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(3), pages 327-340, 09.
- M. M. Kelso, 1977. "Natural Resource Economics: The Upsetting Discipline," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(5), pages 814-823.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Jason F. Shogren & Nancy E. Barickman, 1992.
"The Implicit Value of Corn Base Acreage,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(1), pages 50-58.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Shogren, Jason F., 1992. "The Implicit Value of Corn Base Acreage," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10788, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Allen M. Featherstone & Timothy G. Baker, 1988. "Effects of Reduced Price and Income Supports on Farmland Rent and Value," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 177-189.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Ramezani, Cyrus A., 1998. "An Arbitrage-Free Approach to Quasi-Option Value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 103-125, March.
- Scott H. Irwin & D. Lynn Forster & Bruce J. Sherrick, 1988. "Returns to Farm Real Estate Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(3), pages 580-587.
- Reed, William J., 1993. "The decision to conserve or harvest old-growth forest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 45-69, August.
- Charles H. Barnard & Gerald Whittaker & David Westenbarger & Mary Ahearn, 1997. "Evidence of Capitalization of Direct Government Payments into U.S. Cropland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1642-1650.
- Hoppe, Robert A. & Banker, David E., 2006. "Structure and Finances of U.S. Farms: 2005 Family Farm Report," Economic Information Bulletin 33895, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ohswps:28319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.