Farmland Price Determinants
This paper examines determinants of farmland prices in Minnesota. A hedonic price model is used to estimate the implicit value of the land characteristics. Farmland prices are influenced by agricultural production attributes as well as demand factors. The results also suggest that the potential for development of land for higher value non-agricultural activities creates an expectation, that is capitalised into farmland prices.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Shogren, Jason F., 1992. "The Implicit Value of Corn Base Acreage," Staff General Research Papers 10788, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Charles H. Barnard & Gerald Whittaker & David Westenbarger & Mary Ahearn, 1997. "Evidence of Capitalization of Direct Government Payments into U.S. Cropland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1642-1650.
- Brooks, Karen, 1991. "Price Adjustment and Land Valuation in the Soviet Agricultural Reform: A View Using Lithuanian Farm Data," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 19-36.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economics Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Fritz M. Roka & Raymond B. Palmquist, 1997. "Examining the Use of National Databases in a Hedonic Analysis of Regional Farmland Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1651-1656.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Shumway, C. Richard, 1982. "A Pooled Time-Series Cross-Section Analysis Of Land Prices," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(01), July.
- Lloyd, T A & Rayner, A J & Orme, C D, 1991. "Present-Value Models of Land Prices in England and Wales," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 141-66.
- Sherman T. Folland & Robbin R. Hough, 1991. "Nuclear Power Plants and the Value of Agricultural Land," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(1), pages 30-36.
- J. S. Shonkwiler & J. E. Reynolds, 1986. "A Note on the Use of Hedonic Price Models in the Analysis of Land Prices at the Urban Fringe," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 58-63.
- David L. Chicoine, 1981. "Farmland Values at the Urban Fringe: An Analysis of Sale Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 353-362.
- Colyer, Dale, 1978. "Socio-Economic Determinants Of Rural Land Values In Greenbrier County, West Virginia," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 7(2:), October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.