Modernisation in Agriculture: What Makes a Farmer Adopt an Innovation?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Diederen & Hans van Meijl & Arjan Wolters, 2003. "Modernisation in agriculture: what makes a farmer adopt an innovation?," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3/4), pages 328-342.
- Diederen, Paul & van Meijl, Hans & Wolters, Arjan, 2002. "Modernisation in Agriculture: What Makes a Farmer Adopt an Innovation?," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 603-625, April.
- George Hendrikse & Jos Bijman, 2002. "On the emergence of new growers' associations: self-selection versus countervailing power," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 255-269, June.
- Meeus, Marius T. H. & Oerlemans, Leon A. G., 2000. "Firm behaviour and innovative performance: An empirical exploration of the selection-adaptation debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne, 1998. "Differences in Strategies and Performances of Different Types of Innovators," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1997102e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Possas, Mario Luiz & Salles-Filho, Sergio & da Silveira, JoseMaria, 1996. "An evolutionary approach to technological innovation in agriculture: some preliminary remarks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 933-945, September.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., 1989. "The timing of innovation: Research, development, and diffusion," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 849-908 Elsevier.
- Cioffi, Antonio & Gorgitano, Maria Teresa, 1998. "Local Innovative Capability and Innovative Adoption in Agriculture: Computers on Italian Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 210-227.
- Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne, 1995. "Business Strategies in Innovative and Non-innovative Firms in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995073e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Kamien,Morton I. & Schwartz,Nancy L., 1982. "Market Structure and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293853, March.
- Cohen, Wesley M. & Levin, Richard C., 1989. "Empirical studies of innovation and market structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1059-1107 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Everlyne, Andiema Chesang & Agnes, Nkurumwa Oywaya & David, Amudavi Mulama, 2013. "Socio-Economic Factors Influencing Adoption of Energyâ€“ Saving Technologies among Smallholder Farmers: The Case of West Pokot County, Kenya," International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development (IJAMAD), Iranian Association of Agricultural Economics, vol. 3(4), December.
- Micheels, Eric T. & Nolan, James F., 2016. "Examining the effects of absorptive capacity and social capital on the adoption of agricultural innovations: A Canadian Prairie case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 127-138.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2216-:d:120940 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nossal, Katarina, 2012. "Innovative capacity and productivity: an empirical analysis of Australian grain growers," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124353, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Poppe, Krijn J. & van Meijl, Hans, 2004.
"Adjustment and differences in farm performance; A farm management perspective from the Netherlands,"
29136, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Poppe, Krijn J. & van Meijl, Hans, 2004. "Adjustment and Differences in Farm Performance - a Farm Management Perspective from the Netherlands," IAPRAP\IATRC Summer Symposium, Adjusting to Domestic and International Agricultural Reform in Industrial Countries, June 6-7, 2004, Philadelphia, PA 15765, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Vestal, Mallory K. & Ward, Clement E. & Doye, Damona G. & Lalman, David L., 2006. "Beef Cattle Production and Management Practices and Implications for Educators," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21426, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Anatoli Marantidou & Anastasios Michailidis & Afroditi Papadaki-Klavdianou, 2011. "Information and Communication technologies as agricultural extension tools," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 10(1), pages 114-125.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & van Meijl, Hans & van Tongeren, Frank, 2004. "Biotechnology boosts to crop productivity in China: trade and welfare implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 27-54, October.
- Johnson, Rachel J. & Doye, Damona G. & Lalman, David L. & Peel, Derrell S. & Raper, Kellie Curry, 2008. "Adoption Of Best Management Practices In Stocker Cattle Production," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6827, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Paul Diederen & Hans Van Meijl & Arjan Wolters & Katarzyna Bijak, 2003.
"Innovation adoption in agriculture : innovators, early adopters and laggards,"
Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 67, pages 29-50.
- Diederen, Paul & Meijl, Hans Van & Wolters, Arjan & Bijak, Katarzyna, 2003. "Innovation adoption in agriculture : innovators, early adopters and laggards," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 67.
- Paul Diederen & Hans Van Meijl & Arjan Wolters & Katarzyna Bijak, 2003. "Innovation adoption in agriculture : innovators, early adopters and laggards," Post-Print hal-01201041, HAL.
- repec:zbw:espost:170540 is not listed on IDEAS
- John E. Meador & David J. O’Brien & Michael L. Cook & Greg Grothe & LuAnn Werner & Daniel Diang’a & Rebecca M. Savoie, 2016. "Building Sustainable Smallholder Cooperatives in Emerging Market Economies: Findings from a Five-Year Project in Kenya," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Blandford, David & Boisvert, Richard N., 2004. "U.S. Policy for Agricultural Adjustment," IAPRAP\IATRC Summer Symposium, Adjusting to Domestic and International Agricultural Reform in Industrial Countries, June 6-7, 2004, Philadelphia, PA 15771, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
More about this item
KeywordsFarm Management; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iapr03:15751. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://agadjust.aers.psu.edu/ .