Modernisation in Agriculture: What Makes a Farmer Adopt an Innovation?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Diederen & Hans van Meijl & Arjan Wolters, 2003. "Modernisation in agriculture: what makes a farmer adopt an innovation?," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3/4), pages 328-342.
- Diederen, Paul & van Meijl, Hans & Wolters, Arjan, 2002. "Modernisation in Agriculture: What Makes a Farmer Adopt an Innovation?," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 603-625, April.
- George Hendrikse & Jos Bijman, 2002. "On the emergence of new growers' associations: self-selection versus countervailing power," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 255-269, June.
- Meeus, Marius T. H. & Oerlemans, Leon A. G., 2000. "Firm behaviour and innovative performance: An empirical exploration of the selection-adaptation debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne, 1998. "Differences in Strategies and Performances of Different Types of Innovators," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1997102e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Possas, Mario Luiz & Salles-Filho, Sergio & da Silveira, JoseMaria, 1996. "An evolutionary approach to technological innovation in agriculture: some preliminary remarks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 933-945, September.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., 1989. "The timing of innovation: Research, development, and diffusion," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 849-908 Elsevier.
- Cioffi, Antonio & Gorgitano, Maria Teresa, 1998. "Local Innovative Capability and Innovative Adoption in Agriculture: Computers on Italian Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 210-227.
- Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne, 1995. "Business Strategies in Innovative and Non-innovative Firms in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995073e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Kamien,Morton I. & Schwartz,Nancy L., 1982. "Market Structure and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293853, May.
- Cohen, Wesley M. & Levin, Richard C., 1989. "Empirical studies of innovation and market structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1059-1107 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Everlyne, Andiema Chesang & Agnes, Nkurumwa Oywaya & David, Amudavi Mulama, 2013. "Socio-Economic Factors Influencing Adoption of Energyâ€“ Saving Technologies among Smallholder Farmers: The Case of West Pokot County, Kenya," International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development (IJAMAD), Iranian Association of Agricultural Economics, vol. 3(4), December.
- Micheels, Eric T. & Nolan, James F., 2016. "Examining the effects of absorptive capacity and social capital on the adoption of agricultural innovations: A Canadian Prairie case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 127-138.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2216-:d:120940 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nossal, Katarina, 2012. "Innovative capacity and productivity: an empirical analysis of Australian grain growers," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124353, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Poppe, Krijn J. & van Meijl, Hans, 2004.
"Adjustment and differences in farm performance; A farm management perspective from the Netherlands,"
29136, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Poppe, Krijn J. & van Meijl, Hans, 2004. "Adjustment and Differences in Farm Performance - a Farm Management Perspective from the Netherlands," IAPRAP\IATRC Summer Symposium, Adjusting to Domestic and International Agricultural Reform in Industrial Countries, June 6-7, 2004, Philadelphia, PA 15765, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Vestal, Mallory K. & Ward, Clement E. & Doye, Damona G. & Lalman, David L., 2006. "Beef Cattle Production and Management Practices and Implications for Educators," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21426, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Anatoli Marantidou & Anastasios Michailidis & Afroditi Papadaki-Klavdianou, 2011. "Information and Communication technologies as agricultural extension tools," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 10(1), pages 114-125.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & van Meijl, Hans & van Tongeren, Frank, 2004. "Biotechnology boosts to crop productivity in China: trade and welfare implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 27-54, October.
- Johnson, Rachel J. & Doye, Damona G. & Lalman, David L. & Peel, Derrell S. & Raper, Kellie Curry, 2008. "Adoption Of Best Management Practices In Stocker Cattle Production," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6827, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Paul Diederen & Hans Van Meijl & Arjan Wolters & Katarzyna Bijak, 2003.
"Innovation adoption in agriculture : innovators, early adopters and laggards,"
Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 67, pages 29-50.
- Diederen, Paul & Meijl, Hans Van & Wolters, Arjan & Bijak, Katarzyna, 2003. "Innovation adoption in agriculture : innovators, early adopters and laggards," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 67.
- Paul Diederen & Hans Van Meijl & Arjan Wolters & Katarzyna Bijak, 2003. "Innovation adoption in agriculture : innovators, early adopters and laggards," Post-Print hal-01201041, HAL.
- repec:zbw:espost:170540 is not listed on IDEAS
- John E. Meador & David J. O’Brien & Michael L. Cook & Greg Grothe & LuAnn Werner & Daniel Diang’a & Rebecca M. Savoie, 2016. "Building Sustainable Smallholder Cooperatives in Emerging Market Economies: Findings from a Five-Year Project in Kenya," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Blandford, David & Boisvert, Richard N., 2004. "U.S. Policy for Agricultural Adjustment," IAPRAP\IATRC Summer Symposium, Adjusting to Domestic and International Agricultural Reform in Industrial Countries, June 6-7, 2004, Philadelphia, PA 15771, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
More about this item
KeywordsFarm Management; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iapr03:15751. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://agadjust.aers.psu.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.