Adoption Of Best Management Practices In Stocker Cattle Production
This study identifies current production and management practices of Oklahoma stocker cattle producers and analyzes factors affecting the adoption of best management practices (BMPs) using chi-square analysis. Results reveal that factors influencing the adoption of BMPs are operation size, dependency upon income from the operation, and specialization in stocker production.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-98, January.
- Popp, Michael P. & Faminow, Merle D. & Parsch, Lucas D., 1999. "Factors Affecting the Adoption of Value-added Production on Cow-Calf Farms," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 97-108, April.
- Caswell, Margriet & Fuglie, Keith O. & Ingram, Cassandra & Jans, Sharon & Kascak, Catherine, 2001. "Adoption of Agricultural Production Practices: Lessons Learned from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Area Studies Project," Agricultural Economics Reports 33985, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Jeffrey Gillespie & Seon-Ae Kim & Krishna Paudel, 2007. "Why don't producers adopt best management practices? An analysis of the beef cattle industry," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(1), pages 89-102, 01.
- Paul Diederen & Hans van Meijl & Arjan Wolters, 2003.
"Modernisation in agriculture: what makes a farmer adopt an innovation?,"
International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3/4), pages 328-342.
- Diederen, Paul & van Meijl, Hans & Wolters, Arjan, 2003. "Modernisation in Agriculture: What Makes a Farmer Adopt an Innovation?," Policy Reform and Adjustment Workshop, October 23-25, 2003, Imperial College London, Wye Campus 15751, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Diederen, Paul & van Meijl, Hans & Wolters, Arjan, 2002. "Modernisation in Agriculture: What Makes a Farmer Adopt an Innovation?," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24864, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rahelizatovo, Noro C. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2004.
"The Adoption of Best-Management Practices by Louisiana Dairy Producers,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Rahelizatovo, Noro C. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2004. "The Adoption of Best-Management Practices by Louisiana Dairy Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 229-240, April.
- Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1983. "Stochastic Structure, Farm Size and Technology Adoption in Developing Agriculture," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 307-28, July.
- Popp, Michael P. & Faminow, Merle D. & Parsch, Lucas D., 1999. "Factors Affecting The Adoption Of Value-Added Production On Cow-Calf Farms," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(01), April.
- Hisham S. El-Osta & Mitchell J. Morehart, 2000. "Technology Adoption and Its Impact on Production Performance of Dairy Operations," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 477-498.
- Namatié Traoré & Réjean Landry & Nabil Amara, 1998. "On-Farm Adoption of Conservation Practices: The Role of Farm and Farmer Characteristics, Perceptions, and Health Hazards," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(1), pages 114-127.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.