Quantitative Livelihood Profile Analysis of Rural Households in Zambia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ansoms, An & McKay, Andrew, 2010. "A quantitative analysis of poverty and livelihood profiles: The case of rural Rwanda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 584-598, December.
- Tembo, Solomon & Sitko, Nicholas, 2013. "Technical Compendium: Descriptive Agricultural Statistics and Analysis for Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 155988, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Weatherspoon Dave D. & Miller Steven R. & Weatherspoon Lorraine J. & Niyitanga Fidele & Oehmke James F., 2021. "Rwanda’s Commercialization of Smallholder Agriculture: Implications for Rural Food Production and Household Food Choices," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 51-62, May.
- Grabowski, Philip P. & Kerr, John M. & Haggblade, Steven & Kabwe, Stephen, 2014. "Determinants of Adoption of Minimum Tillage by Cotton Farmers in Eastern Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 188567, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Wenqiang Ding & Saheed Olaide Jimoh & Yulu Hou & Xiangyang Hou & Weiguo Zhang, 2018. "Influence of Livelihood Capitals on Livelihood Strategies of Herdsmen in Inner Mongolia, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-17, September.
- Solomon Zena Walelign, 2016. "Livelihood strategies, environmental dependency and rural poverty: the case of two villages in rural Mozambique," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 593-613, April.
- Julius Manda & Cornelis Gardebroek & Makaiko G. Khonje & Arega D. Alene & Munyaradzi Mutenje & Menale Kassie, 2016.
"Determinants of child nutritional status in the eastern province of Zambia: the role of improved maize varieties,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 239-253, February.
- Julius Manda & Cornelis Gardebroek & Makaiko Khonje & Arega Alene & Munyaradzi Mutenje & Menale Kassie, 2016. "Determinants of child nutritional status in the eastern province of Zambia: the role of improved maize varieties," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 239-253, February.
- Christine M. Sauer & Nicole M. Mason & Mywish K. Maredia & Rhoda Mofya-Mukuka, 2018. "Does adopting legume-based cropping practices improve the food security of small-scale farm households? Panel survey evidence from Zambia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(6), pages 1463-1478, December.
- Sunmee Cho & Taeyoon Kim, 2017. "Determinants of Poverty Status in Rwanda," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 29(2), pages 337-349, June.
- Resnick, Danielle & Mason, Nicole M., 2016. "What drives input subsidy policy reform? The case of Zambia, 2002â€“2016," IFPRI discussion papers 1572, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eric Yaw Naminse & Jincai Zhuang, 2018. "Does farmer entrepreneurship alleviate rural poverty in China? Evidence from Guangxi Province," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(3), pages 1-18, March.
- Jolejole-Foreman, Maria Christina & Olofin, Ibironke & Fawzi, Wafaie & Fink, Gunther, 2016. "Associations between Food Scarcity during Pregnancy and Children’s Survival and Linear Growth in Zambia," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235111, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mofya-Mukuka, Rhoda & Shipekesa, Arthur M., 2013. "Value Chain Analysis of the Groundnuts Sector in the Eastern Province of Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 171869, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Justus Ochieng & Beatrice Knerr & George Owuor & Emily Ouma, 2016. "Commercialisation of Food Crops and Farm Productivity: Evidence from Smallholders in Central Africa," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(4), pages 458-482, October.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2016. "Is green growth relevant for poor economies?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 178-191.
- Chuan Liao & Christopher Barrett & Karim-Aly Kassam, 2015. "Does Diversification Improve Livelihoods? Pastoral Households in Xinjiang, China," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(6), pages 1302-1330, November.
- Solomon Zena Walelign & Mariève Pouliot & Helle Overgaard Larsen & Carsten Smith-Hall, 2015. "A novel approach to dynamic livelihood clustering: Empirical evidence from Nepal," IFRO Working Paper 2015/09, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Paul C. Samboko & Mitelo Subakanya & Cliff Dlamini, 2017. "Potential biofuel feedstocks and production in Zambia," WIDER Working Paper Series 047, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Shanta Paudel Khatiwada & Wei Deng & Bikash Paudel & Janak Raj Khatiwada & Jifei Zhang & Yi Su, 2017. "Household Livelihood Strategies and Implication for Poverty Reduction in Rural Areas of Central Nepal," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Christensen, Cheryl, 2018. "Progress and Challenges in Global Food Security," Amber Waves:The Economics of Food, Farming, Natural Resources, and Rural America, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, vol. 0(01), February.
- Van den Broeck, Goedele & Maertens, Miet, 2017. "Moving Up or Moving Out? Insights into Rural Development and Poverty Reduction in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 95-109.
- Janus, Heiner & Holzapfel, Sarah, 2016. "Results-based approaches in agriculture: what is the potential?," Discussion Papers 25/2016, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-11-12 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.